talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 PM

Default A Plague on Both Them and Their One Time Tools

I just received both the metric and imperial sets of the long-awaited one piece t squares - now my life is complete. That is, until the next one-time tool, perhaps someone can recommend a good Woodpecker's Anonymous chapter.

The boss actually wondered why I need 6 more "rulers", if you can believe it - with that comment I have no idea how to explain it to her. Perhaps a couch in the shop is in order. I will start measuring for it right away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 PM

Default Re: A Plague on Both Them and Their One Time Tools

But is the couch going to be in metric or standard? Good thing you have "rulers" for both....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Uh, you going to bend her over your knee and put one of you numerous rulers to work?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

I had a nice chat with Kathy Hummel today (Mrs. Woodpecker) - got a good deal on a small carpenter's square. She's delightful. I think that this no-inventory model is probably the way most companies will be going in the future - having inventory just ties up too much capital.

And they sure do make nice products. In the USA.

And they have big dogs...
Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 PM

Thanks everyone for your support of Woodpeckers. We all appreciate it. On an inside note, I'm pretty close to wrapping up another very unique marking tool that enables marking on three sides of a board all at once. Just FYI. Hopefully you'll see it in a few weeks.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Cool!

We miss you here in Cincinnati!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:07 PM

I have way more Woodpecker gear than my skills and use justify - but I really appreciate their great quality. Now I find out that the Hummels might be good dog people too, should have known.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM

Location: On a street named after a bush between two streets named after trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHummel View Post
Thanks everyone for your support of Woodpeckers. We all appreciate it. On an inside note, I'm pretty close to wrapping up another very unique marking tool that enables marking on three sides of a board all at once. Just FYI. Hopefully you'll see it in a few weeks.
What about the fourth side?

Seriously, if you could figure out a slick way to mark a straight line around a piece of wood without straight edges, I'd be really interested. What for? Take the far end of this stretcher, for example (actually, neither end was ever flat, square, or straight). Remember: in sculpture, straight lines are defects.