talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Red metal depletes my green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Only a fool ( or a festool fanatic ) would buy a festool plunge router to mount under the table..
You and I are aligned on that one for sure! I would say it would have to be both -- a foolish Festool fanatic.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHummel View Post
We've been getting more requests for router mounting plates for the Festool routers lately. How many owners would really hang their Festool routers from a table? With regards to the 4 and 6" triangles, do you thing they should be thicker or thinner?

Richard Hummel
Woodpeckers

Hi,

I think thicker might be OK , 3/8" would stand a bit better especially if you did a 12". But I don't usually have any trouble standing the 1/4" thinkness on edge.

Thinner?, nope won't stand up well enough, and unless it was real thin it would not help with marking anyway.

I guess the 1/4" seems just right

Seth

Last edited by SRSemenza; 06-22-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHummel View Post
Steve,
I kind of agree on mounting a Festool to a table. The larger Carpenter Squares, 12" and 18" that we used to make had a removable foot. I don't think many people used it that way because it was tedious to remove. Maybe re-engineering those would be warranted.
Funny about a half hour ago I removed the foot from a 12" Carpenters to use it as a Precision Triangle. Decided to leave it that way since I have a gold one and a red one. Yes, it would not be handy enough to do on any regular basis.

Seth

Last edited by SRSemenza; 06-22-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM

Well, maybe that's my message from the netherworld to buy another and have one of each.