talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Woodpeckers

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools made exclusively in the USA since 1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSemenza View Post
The one joraft suggested is probably a very handy first choice.

I use the 4.5" and 6.25" precisions all the time for vertical measuring. Very handy for that and generally you can stand them up on edge and they will stay.
Good advice, Seth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSemenza View Post
I have the Woodworking Rules in all the lengths. They are great!
Hmmm... I wonder.
Maybe if I had all the Woodworking Rules...
... I would have fewer questions.

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Red metal depletes my green

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post
Good advice, Seth!

Hmmm... I wonder.
Maybe if I had all the Woodworking Rules...
... I would have fewer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would certainly scale back on them...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 PM

We've been getting more requests for router mounting plates for the Festool routers lately. How many owners would really hang their Festool routers from a table? With regards to the 4 and 6" triangles, do you thing they should be thicker or thinner?

Richard Hummel
Woodpeckers
Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHummel View Post
We've been getting more requests for router mounting plates for the Festool routers lately. How many owners would really hang their Festool routers from a table? With regards to the 4 and 6" triangles, do you thing they should thicker or thinner?

Richard Hummel
Woodpeckers
Richard,

While I'm thinking of one of your plates/lifts, I don't think I'd mount my Festool routers in them (unless someone can point to a compelling reason to). I like the ergonomics they have while in my hands, so I wouldn't want to dedicate that to something under the table when I can use a different router for that.

But since you are talking about triangles, how about a triangle with a removable base plate? (Sort of like your new hook stop) It could work like a speed square when attached and useful for squaring when not.

Best,
Steve
Old 06-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Steve,
I kind of agree on mounting a Festool to a table. The larger Carpenter Squares, 12" and 18" that we used to make had a removable foot. I don't think many people used it that way because it was tedious to remove. Maybe re-engineering those would be warranted.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Perhaps a sliding dovetail with a spring pin would make the foot easier to mount & dismount.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 PM

That could work. I need to think about he sliding dovetail approach. Not sure I could achieve a tight fit and have it be removable.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardHummel View Post
We've been getting more requests for router mounting plates for the Festool routers lately. How many owners would really hang their Festool routers from a table? ...
Hey Richard,

I wouldn't hang one of my Festool routers from a table either, but I do see where people over on the FOG ask about plates or lifts for the routers all the time. Should you decide to offer something for the Festool routers, you would have that market all to yourself -- well, at least at first.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM

Then I think we're on the same page. But then what do I know. I think I'll try a plate and see if there are any takers.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 AM

Only a fool ( or a festool fanatic ) would buy a festool plunge router to mount under the table..