talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Walke Moore Tools

Walke Moore Tools There are several quality tool makers today and we hope to be among them, though our focused efforts will be on offering tools that are either not readily available today or are being made at an inferior level. Our goal is to design tools that function flawlessly, look beautiful, and last for generations. Located in upstate NY, our shop primarily consists of a full-time professional woodworker and a mechanical-engineer-turned-hand-tool-woodworker-turned-tool-maker. We design and try to manufacture everything we sell, but in some cases a certain component of our tools may not be feasible to produce ourselves. When we do outsource a portion of our tools, it is exclusively to local businesses ensuring that everything we sell is 100% American made.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM

Default Winding Sticks (preview) and other updates

It's been a little while since I gave an update on our new tools. I was hoping to have some of these ready several months ago, but delays in getting the right materials and other various complications stalled the process. In any event, here are some specifics:

-Damascus Steel Marking Knife: The first batch is nearing completion. Waiting for our new logo punch to arrive, then heat treating, then they should be all set. Cost is tbd.

-Winding Sticks: These are almost ready to go. Our first batch has quarter-sawn ash with walnut inlay and quarter-sawn walnut with maple inlay. Standard size is 24", but 30" and 18" will also be available. Trapezoid inlay is featured on both sticks (so you don't need to fuss with which stick goes where) and both have a center-marker, they are also tapered over their height for stability. Both the winding sticks and the marking knives are targeted to be listed on the website some time in March. The sticks will range in cost from $80-$95 per pair depending on length and wood species. Our first batch is partially sold out already due to requests from waiting customers, but more will be on the way.

winding-sticks-preview-other-updates-winding-sticks-1.jpg
winding-sticks-preview-other-updates-inlay-1.jpg
winding-sticks-preview-other-updates-inlay-2.jpg
winding-sticks-preview-other-updates-winding-sticks-use.jpg

-Brass Bound Level: I'm not sure when we'll have these for sale. The first prototype parts are in, the body still needs to be made and then any changes I need to make will have to implemented. I'll post pictures and further details as things progress.

-We have also sold several wooden try-squares as custom orders and are considering making those a mainline offering as well down the line. In the meantime, if you'd like one or more try squares feel free to email us through our website.

Walke-Moore Tools

Last edited by AaronMoore; 01-09-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
brass, level, marking knife, walke moore tools, winding sticks