talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events A listing of events that may be of interest to forum members. If you have information about an event please start a thread. If you will be attending an event, let others know by posting in that thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 01:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: Handworks 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Who's going?

I'm driving down early Saturday and leaving late afternoon.
Maybe you can share at least a few pics so that we can all live vicariously through you.............
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 AM

Hadn't even thought about bringing the camera- I'll have to remember to pack it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Hi Guys,

Made the rainy drive down- pretty much was light rain and cooler temps the whole day- didn't appear to hinder anyone or hurt attendance.

Very talented guy made a amazing reproduction of the Studley chest and had it on display- only took him 6 months!

I only "lost" a couple hundred bucks; bought a Crucible divider and a set of Walke Moore divider or inlay cutter holders that allow you to place the tip of the tool on an edge, corner or in the field of your stock without leaving a divot.

Best,
Rutager
Attached Thumbnails
handworks-2017-1-dsc00015.jpg   handworks-2017-1-dsc00016.jpg   handworks-2017-4-dsc00028.jpg   handworks-2017-5-dsc00029.jpg  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Fun! Those Walke Moore cutter holders look quite excellent. What a great idea!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

Very talented guy made a amazing reproduction of the Studley chest and had it on display- only took him 6 months!
Did he use his own complement of tools, or did he also get the piano specific tools that were in the original Studley?

Charles
Old 05-22-2017, 10:26 PM

The guys name is Jim Moon; couldn't find much on the "Google" https://www.reddit.com/r/woodworking.../?ref=readnext

Many of the tools looked very familiar and seemed to be just like Studley had in his, although I heard his wife tell someone that he did make some substitutions in place of some specialized piano builder tools.