talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Tools for Working Wood

Tools for Working Wood Founded in 1999, Tools for Working Wood is a Brooklyn New York based tool company that specializes in high end tools for woodworking. We also manufacture the Gramercy Tools lines of tools, which includes our highly rated brushes and saws. We only stock one line of power tools Festool because Festool is the kind of company that encourages the high level of service we like to give on all our tools, and in general, as a small company, we try to limit the various brands we stock to best of breed for each type of tool. Most people buy tools because of an immediate need so we stock nearly the complete line of Festool tools, accessories, and expendables in our warehouse ready for immediate delivery. There is free shipping on Festool orders over $150.00 .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Founding Member

Default Welcome

Guys, Gals & Guppies,

I want to welcome Joel and Tools for Working Wood to our Manufacturer's section. Joel's company offers a tremendous selection of hands tools, sharpening equipment, Festool and some great woodworking books. There is much more as well but I will let Joel tell you the rest.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Welcome

Welcome, Joel! Great to have you on board.

Did Fred mention that all talkFestool members automatically get 50% off merchandise purchased at talkFestool vendor's sites?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

...AND a free tee-shirt!

Good to have you here, Joel... this is more interactive than just reading your blog
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 AM

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the forum. I wonder where you'll find the time to participate, though. Are you about to retire soon?

Keep those good products coming.

Tico
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Tico,
No I don't have time to actively participate but Fred was kind enough to invite me to join and I will do my best to poke my head in and contribute when I can. I enjoy most forums, I participate in a bunch although far less than I used to. As you pointed out, I just don't have the time. I am not retiring but I need to step back from some activities to focus on Software development. The world is changing and I need to upgrade the computer systems that power Tools for Working Wood - can you imagine the Web site is 12 count-em 12 years old with few visible changes. Time for a much needed upgrade.

Incidently software programs are just like power tools. You can be perfectly happy with a ten year old bit of software, then you see one feature of a new system and you don't understand how you lived without it.
When I worked for Black & Decker I was in the Industrial Construction division, we made good stuff. What is really impressive about Festool today is how standards have changed. A guide rail used to be a bit of wood or aluminum channel clamped onto a board with C Clamps. As you all know, once you use the next generation of stuff, a guide rail that won't let the tool wander, clamps that are designed to not get in the way, etc, you just don't understand how you can do it any other way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Joel, welcome, it's very nice to have you here. I know you to be a wealth of knowledge on tools and woodworking.

We understand that you're spread pretty thin these days, and don't expect that you'll be able spend much time here. Just be sure to "subscribe" to your own forum and any other that may interest you. That way you'll get an email notice any time there is any activity on those forums. That can be a real time saver.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

:sign0016: :sign0016: Welcome, Joel!

I bought some sharpening films from you last fall and now I have the sharpest planes & chisels in Morland, KS!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
:sign0016: :sign0016: Welcome, Joel!

I bought some sharpening films from you last fall and now I have the sharpest planes & chisels in Morland, KS!
Alex,

You might want to try out some of the Gramercy saws as they are excellent. He also carries some of Colen Clenton's beautiful tools. YOWZA!!!

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 03-29-2011, 03:33 AM

Welcome TFWW! Great to have you guys around here. I will hopefully be ordering some rasps from you in the next couple months.