talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Tips, Tricks and Techniques

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Those light bulb ideas and methods that make work and life easier.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 AM

Default Inca Table Saw Restoration . . . . from the UK

Great thread on an Inca Table Saw Restoration . . . . from the UK,

Inca Table Saw Restoration :: UKworkshop.co.uk

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.
Default Re: Inca Table Saw Restoration . . . . from the UK

Great post, Roger. I am sure you already had those links and sources for your Inca tools. There is sure a lot of passion for the Inca brand.
Matt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 PM

Nice post, the Inca was my first Table Saw that I purchased 35 years ago from Japan Woodworker. I got it with a wood base, extra long extension wings and a very nice mortising attachment.

I used the heck out of that saw and cut 8/4 maple timber on it with outfeed rollers and it hummed right along.

I decided that I needed a bigger saw so I bought the Powermatic 66 with an Excalibur sliding table and I sure wished that I had the space to keep the Inca. I posted the saw for sale on a 3x5 card on the bulletin board at Japan Woodworker and sold it within 2 weeks for the same price I paid for it!

Thanks for sharing, it brought back a lot of good memories of a fine machine.

Jack
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with a blade angle adjustment problem I'm having with my otherwise wonderful Inca 2100 table saw. After I adjusted it for an angle cut today, it wouldn't return the blade to its fully vertical position. At about 5 degrees, it would refuse to move further -- if the adjusting wheel is given a bit more pressure, it feels as though the captive screw on the adjusting shaft is jumping the gears on the trunnion gear arc. There is no caked-on sawdust in the system that I'm able to see, and the problem occurs well before the trunnion reaches the 90 degree stop.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

If you can't get an answer from anyone here, call Jesse at Eagle Tools in Los Angeles, 323-299-2909. I think he has the largest inventory of Inca parts in North America.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959