talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Tips for New Users and Guests

Tips for New Users and Guests This forum contains a growing list of tips and tricks for new users and guests.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.
Default Unable to upload images.

Any suggestions on why I get an unable to find webpage message when trying to upload image. It worked around an hour ago.???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Unable to upload images.

Monstrol,

I just uploaded this test pic.

Are you trying to upload to a post or to your album? What are the steps that you used? Which browser and which version of that browser?

Have you tried closing and reopening your browser? Then maybe restarting your computer?

Regards,

Dan.
Attached Thumbnails
unable-upload-images-h151_5155.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Hey Matthew,

I've had that error message before - it happens (to me) when I log in without checking the "Remember Me" box. I just log out and then make sure to check that box when I log back in.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 AM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Monstrol,

I just uploaded this test pic.

Are you trying to upload to a post or to your album? What are the steps that you used? Which browser and which version of that browser?

Have you tried closing and reopening your browser? Then maybe restarting your computer?

Regards,

Dan.
I am using the latest IE. It works about 1 out of 10 tries. I'll try rebooting. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Founding Member

I'm not aware of any problems with the forum system.

You might want to clear your cache in IE to see if that helps.

As a data point, you might want to try installing FireFox: Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client. IMO, it's much better than IE and you can add utilities to Firefox to block advertisements.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
I'm not aware of any problems with the forum system.

You might want to clear your cache in IE to see if that helps.

As a data point, you might want to try installing FireFox: Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client. IMO, it's much better than IE and you can add utilities to Firefox to block advertisements.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Dan.
Thanks Dan,
I d/l'd Mozilla and it didnt help. I have Vista. I tried to upload with my wife's pc and she has pre-Vista os. The Mozilla did say it could be a firewall issue. I may try to turn it off and try again. Any other suggestions? I had this problem uploading my albums, way back when. I thought it was Google chrome that was the problem.
Matthew

p.s. I tried that Laurie and no luck, thx anyway.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Founding Member

Matthew,

Are you using a hardware or software firewall? I had a software firewall several years ago. It gave me nothing but grief and still didn't stop viruses from slipping through. Now I use a wireless router which has a hardware firewall built it. No problems.

Let me know.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Wow Dan...I assume it is a software firewall. How would I find out if my wireless router has a firewall? It is probably 5 or 6 years old, a linksys, 2.4
Ghz.? I'll do a google search and see what I can find. Thanks.
Matthew
Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Founding Member

Matthew,

AFAIK, all wireless routers have a firewall. It's important to check. BTW, I have a Linksys. Good routers.

One key point - If your router has a firewall you need to access the internet ONLY through the router. For example, this is my configuration:

PC's --> Gig LAN Switch --> Linksys Wireless Router --> Comcast Cable Modem

My laptop and iPhone connect to the Wireless Router, so my entire network is protected by the router's hardware firewall.

Regards,

Dan.