talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Tico Vogt - Custom Furniture & Cabinetry

Tico Vogt - Custom Furniture & Cabinetry "A cabinetmaker of twenty five years, I'm turning my attention to tools and products for the woodworking shop. The Super Chute, a high end shooting board, and the Micro Sharp Honing Kit are the opening offerings. More good stuff to come."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Two tables for sale

I have two maple tables for sale, both made fifteen years ago by yours truly. Due to the passing on of an older generation of family members, we have recently inherited a good deal of furniture we are ill equipped to store.

These two tables were designed for a home built as a summer residence on Lake Michigan. The tops were sprayed with clear lacquer and the bases brushed with water- based poly. They have maintained their bright appearance.

The circular coffee table measures 15 3/4″ high and the top’s diameter is 35 1/4″. It appeared in this issue of the Northeastern Woodworkers Association News in 1996:

At this year’s Expo in April a new picture was taken:

The dining table measures 29″ high, 44″ wide, and 86″ long. The design was taken from Sam Maloof. I made a mahogany version for a house in Chapel Hill which I took a lousy picture of but which at least shows its basic size and shape:

Because the Maple table is crammed into an inappropriate space (the only one available) the best I can do is the picture at the bottom of the page.

The breadboard end rails pull out and accommodate 14″ wide leaves. Unfortunately, the leaves were damaged beyond repair when the table was shipped. New ones will have to be made. With both leaves in, the table has comfortably sat fourteen diners.

The coffee table is $350 and the Dining Table is $900.

I live in Saratoga Springs, NY, forty five minutes north of Albany. Serious inquiries can e-mail me at ticovogt@gamil.com or phone 518-584-0641.
Attached Thumbnails
two-tables-sale-rs-maple-trestle-table.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Two tables for sale

A post about two tables for sale.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Beautiful work, Tico!

(Of course, now I want to see pictures of your spiral staircase, too...)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Ask and Ye shall receive. I got into woodworking via housebuiding in 1980. This photo shows my first woodworking project after we'd moved into the freshly built and mostly unfinished home. It replaced a ship's ladder to the upstairs loft. The staircase was made from common pine. The treads were my very first edge glue joints. After thirty one years it's still a serviceable stairway, but kind of loud and creaky, much like its builder.
Attached Thumbnails
two-tables-sale-spiral-staircase.jpg  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Sweet. How did you do the railing?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 PM

The railing and the parallel ribbon below it were three 1/4" pieces laminated together while tacked in place. I made up lots of plywood u-shaped blocks with wedges for that operation.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Tico was kind enough to have me and a couple of other folks at his home for dinner during the Northeast WW assn show earlier this year. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the staircase, and a beautiful one it is!

The entire house screamed 'seriously into wood and woodworking person's dream home'. It was beautiful, and quite roomy, but still incredibly cozy. The sort of place I'd live in if I could talk LOML out of being so dad-blasted sensible all the time.

Gorgeous tables, Tico. That's cheaper than Ethan Allen! If my self respect wouldn't have me for lunch I'd snatch that dining table right up. (Well - that and the fact that I have a tiny 'dining room' that's at the front lines of an ongoing marinara, yogurt, and poopie assault by the insurgent forces of the Toddler Liberation Front )
Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 PM

Thanks, Raney. Looking forward to seeing you at the L-N bash. I've no doubt that you're long due for a reprieve from the Toddler Liberation Front!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 AM

You have no idea. We've only just narrowly escaped with our lives from this evenings two-front assault, a simultaneous Play-doh Carpet-Bombing which provided cover for operation Green Sharpie. We're seriously needing some drugs around here - or at least a chocolate éclair. (sigh) I guess we'll just watch the Backyardigans and pretend to be alert.

Looking forward to a rollicking weekend, punctuated with at least five hours of uninterupted sleep per night. YAY!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 AM

Courtney's grandfather perished from eating a chocolate eclair... make sure they're fresh and don't let the liberationists distract you.