talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Tico Vogt - Custom Furniture & Cabinetry

Tico Vogt - Custom Furniture & Cabinetry "A cabinetmaker of twenty five years, I'm turning my attention to tools and products for the woodworking shop. The Super Chute, a high end shooting board, and the Micro Sharp Honing Kit are the opening offerings. More good stuff to come."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Legal question about new products

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

Joraft has an excellent condition "used" Harig 612 -- watch for it on e-bay...
I'm just waiting for it to skyrocket in value, I don't think there are any more new ones available.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I'm just waiting for it to skyrocket in value, I don't think there are any more new ones available.
Every now and then the NSA auctions "old" stock machine tools (and everything else under the sun). I think it's something like a ~20 year cycle. The machine salesmen used to tell stories of them making spot purchases of dozens of machines which means 100's that are warehoused who-knows-where?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 PM

The Harig is just a bit of a stretch for my budget (still waiting to buy tires for my Volvo).

I wish someone near me owned one of those machines. It wasn't long ago that there were machine shops aplenty in the Capitol District of New York. I don't need to grind that often but want things spot on when I do.

In the meantime, cool wheels on a slow speed grinder looks like a good move. The dang Tormek just has too many issues. Good for axes.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticovogt View Post
The Harig is just a bit of a stretch for my budget (still waiting to buy tires for my Volvo).

I wish someone near me owned one of those machines. It wasn't long ago that there were machine shops aplenty in the Capitol District of New York. I don't need to grind that often but want things spot on when I do.

In the meantime, cool wheels on a slow speed grinder looks like a good move. The dang Tormek just has too many issues. Good for axes.
I can almost guarantee that every one of those shops had at least one Harig 612 grinder -- It was one of the first machines every tool shop bought... before it all went to china and those shops closed. There are still plenty of them around though and if you want things "spot on" that machine (with care) will do it closer than the tools you have to measure with.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 AM

Thanks, the hunt is on.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticovogt View Post
Thanks, the hunt is on.
If you dig you'll find a good one for little more than the cost of a tricked out Tormek grinder -- not that they have the same purpose.