talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Shops and Storage

Shops and Storage Talk about your shops and how you organize them

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2015, 02:25 AM

Default My shop's Festool Corner

Last November, I went to the Festool System Essentials class in Las Vegas mainly because I wanted to see an MFT/3 in action and decide if I was going to take another sip of the green kool-aid. I ended up mixing up a gallon or two and chugging it.

When I started the class, I had a TS-75 and a Domino 500, a CT-33 with the cleaning kit and my first ever Festool, the Kapex. I stopped into Woodcraft on my way home from the airport and picked up C15 drill, OF1400 router and the LR32 kit, RO90 and RO150 Sanders, and Carvex PSB420 with accessories. Stuff they didn't have in stock that I had to order on line, 15 sys-AZ drawers which I had to wait over a month for, MFT/3 and the WCR-1000. The WCR-1000 I thought was ridiculous until I took the class. After using one for two days, I can't imagine not having it. Below are a few pictures in my shop.

Here is my old Systainer Storage which is going to be refurbished and repurposed. My guide rails were laying on wire shelves

Below is the Festool Training classroom that was my inspiration

My shop is a two car garage that also houses a tractor which is easy to move out of the way for projects. My Festool corner is shown below.

Easy access to my rails

I'd always wanted to add a sys port or two to the shop, but the price was just too high. The SYS-AZ made a decent compromise. 14 of my 15 SYS-AZ drawers are in use. These are simple plywood boxes and my first LR32 project. The inside is painted with some ceiling paint I had left over from the garage build and the outside is Rustoleum Hammered metal gray. The casters are from a datacenter teardown I did about twenty years ago. I'm down to two 5 gallon buckets of them.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 AM

Default Re: My shop's Festool Corner

Sweet shop! I'm drooling!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistsol View Post
... The WCR-1000 I thought was ridiculous until I took the class. After using one for two days, I can't imagine not having it. Below are a few pictures in my shop.
What, they didn't let you work with a Boom Arm in class?

Nice shots of your shop space.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:50 AM
Administrator

looking forward to when my space is that organized. Well done!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Wow! So bright. And clean. And ... Festoolie!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Wow! So bright. And clean. And ... Festoolie!

At the woodworking show a couple of years ago, Jim Heavy, I think, did a talk on shop lighting. One of the things he talked about was how we all need more light as we get older. I may have gone a bit overboard, but when I built the shop two years ago, that was still fresh in my mind. There are 20 recessed can lights in the ceiling and over a dozen track light halogen spots.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:58 PM

Fooled me!

I was wondering what was that Festool that looked like an electrical panel. :roll eyes:

Great shop. I'm inspired to add some light and tidy up a bit.

Last edited by Wonderwino; 04-24-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 PM

Really nice set up. I am envious of the organization and lighting.

Back to my cave.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistsol View Post

... One of the things he talked about was how we all need more light as we get older. I may have gone a bit overboard, but when I built the shop two years ago, that was still fresh in my mind. There are 20 recessed can lights in the ceiling and over a dozen track light halogen spots.
I agree on the needing more light as we get older. Don't agree on going overboard, I don't think that's possible.

Nicely organized shop, so much in so little space.

Tags
sys-az