talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Sharp Tools USA

Sharp Tools USA Sales Service and Support for Tormek Water Cooled Sharpening Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Default Review / report

Fair is fair. I tried Sharp Tools out. If you ever think you want a Tormek or accessories, here's my 2 cents.
They win. I asked questions, I got answers. I sent an email, it got responded to. Right there they just beat out 95% of the businesses in the US.
I ordered, it shipped, and I'm already using it. Total elapsed time, 48 hrs.
After that, I've had my Tormek, its got to be going on 12 years. But never having a lathe, never had to have the jigs to do those tools.
That gouge jig is amazing. I asked myself repeatedly "but will it?" roughing, bowl gouges, spindles, Ellsworth. Whatever the question is, the answer so far has been yes.
"But I don't want a typical profile, I want my own thing that I developed from years of doing my own thing". Great. It'll do that too. Consistantly.
Anyway. Riding that mini high one gets when a new tool does exactly what you hoped for.
I'd go to Jeff again. In a heartbeat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Review / report

I hate to be dense, but the antecedent to "they" in your 4th sentence is unclear. Who wins?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I hate to be dense, but the antecedent to "they" in your 4th sentence is unclear. Who wins?
I think Sharp Tools does -- after all, they got his 2 cents.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

See, I thought it was Tormek. I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. That's what happens when you try to go all "Per" on us, Randy!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Now that I understand.

I guess you win, Peter.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

It's not a contest! I just want to find out which is the better grinder...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry. I would venture to guess that Randy purchased his Tormek from SharpToolsUSA - Your Tormek and MultiTool Connection. So, both companies won.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:04 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
It's not a contest! I just want to find out which is the better grinder...
And I want to know who Ellsworth is. Only one I know happened to be the only nice guy in Deadwood.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Now thats just wrong, Poto.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Oh - I think I'm getting it now: Sharp Tools is Tormek! Seriously - I really didn't get it before. I thought you were comparing a Sharp Tools grinder to a Tormek, and saying that you should buy one but not the other.

Come on - if you didn't know that Sharp Tools and Tormek were the same, you could see the confusion, couldn't you?