talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Reviews

Reviews Reviews of machines, tools, and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Eating Crow - A Syslite Mini Review

I was laughing when people talked about the syslite - $175 for a flashlight - give me a break! Then I read comments from folk talking about how it illuminated dark rooms well and lit up that under-the-sink area where we all have to work sometimes, but without adding a lot of heat. But how often do I have to do that?

Well, I was feeling flush one day after selling some stuff on Craigslist and then it seemed every flashlight I picked up was either out of battery charge or darn close. So, ok, syslite.

To my great surprise, it has quickly become one of my favorite tools. I have used it every day since I got it a couple of weeks ago. I have pretty good lighting in the garage/shop, but there are still some dark corners that the syslite brings to light. And that leaky valve in the water heater nook - a snap when you can see what you are doing.

The geometry of the syslite supports several different angles of light, depending on which side you lay it on. The hook is sturdy and adjustable. I have a hook attached about a foot above my MFT for hanging my power carver, the syslite hangs nicely from that and adds just the right extra bit of light to tight spaces on the workpiece.

So I'm eating crow, taking back all those things I said. Syslite is well worth the bucks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Eating Crow - A Syslite Mini Review

Yeah, I see that they're rather good for working under your pickup too!

Festool SysLite LED Worklamp - Torture Test - YouTube
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!