talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Reviews

Reviews Reviews of machines, tools, and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Review of Bosch's new JS572EL Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyroof View Post
No dust collection though, the only true knock I can give it. I think it's the 1584AVS model?
If it's the 1584AVS you have, you can get a dust collection kit for about 10-15 dollars - I just called my Bosch dealer. With it, dust collection is pretty good.. and that's with sticking the 36mm hose of my CT33 around the dust port with about half of the CT hose completely open (have not been able to source an adapter yet).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 PM

If anyone is interested, I am on my 2nd Carvex, the newer 420, which Festool replaced after my 400 went in for its 3rd repair in a matter of months. There are so many things wrong with this machine, which is such a shame as it is ergonomically perfect. I am soon moving to Canada (from U.K.) and am looking forward to selling my carvex (not to any of my mates) and getting a bosch. By the way, does anyone know if my U.K.spec TS55 (110v) would work in Canada? Ta.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Your ts55 will be running 50hertz, I believe Canada runs the same as the US, which is 60hertz. Being a universal motor, it should run, whereas Induction motors couldn't.