talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Reviews

Reviews Reviews of machines, tools, and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 AM

Default A day in the life of an iPad for contractors

I am in the process of doing a tool review of the iPad aimed towards the usages that I have found in the last month as a contractor. I will be posting it on the Fog. I have never been a big cross poster, but before I get going on it, are there any suggestions about things that you would like to see in the review.

My hope is that the review will get people thinking about the possibilities of this product and also their way of doing things so that they can hopefully be more efficient and/or more profitable. Everyone else is encouraged to go along for the ride and comment and offer suggestions and thoughts!

Any input for potential things to be addressed?

Peter

Last edited by Qwas; 06-06-2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Correct spelling error
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Default Re: A day in the life of an iPad for contractors

My first thought would be to see Google Sketch-up be used on it, as having it iPad accessible would mean I would be able to work out ideas as I'm running about town, on a plane etc.

One concern would be the ability to download onto an external hard-drive the files as this Sketch-Up stuff tends to occupy memory.

My brain is working on other thoughts......

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator

I have discovered that the iPad is perfect for a new grandma who insists on showing everyone (those not fast enough to get away) countless and endless photos of her new grandaughter.

Allowing my wife to play with Apple products is getting REALLY expensive. (And that's all money that could be used on woodworking tools)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I have discovered that the iPad is perfect for a new grandma who insists on showing everyone (those not fast enough to get away) countless and endless photos of her new grandaughter.

Allowing my wife to play with Apple products is getting REALLY expensive. (And that's all money that could be used on woodworking tools)
John, John, John! Isn't your wife allowing you to purchase both metal and woodworking tools? I thought that that was the deal??? Sheesh, you really wouldn't want her to get some cheap computer stuff, would you? I can just envision your shop filled with B&D woodworking tools along with a Sieg mini-lathe and mini-mill for your metal work.