talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Reviews

Reviews Reviews of machines, tools, and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Bosch GDR10.8V-LI Lithium-ion Impact Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWhite View Post
i was going though some old threads today and found this one and would just like to say that this impactor is still on the job with me and still used daily and still running on original batteries......I liked this drill so much I was in need of a small drill/ driver a couple of weeks ago and bought the non impact PS30 2A 12 volt version

That is the drill I grab 83% of the time -- it's great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:49 AM

I almost bought one of those a few days ago. They look nice, and the size was just right too...but...I have a Panasonic impactor 14.4v with brushless motor. I was able to buy just the body of the Panasonic driver, drill, and use the batteries from the impactor. It all worked out cheaper than the Bosch, so I went with that.
It's made in Japan, and the Impactor hasn't missed a beat.
I still like the size of the Bosch. I use the driver when I deliver dining tables. Sometimes it's easier ( you wouldn't believe how small Japanese entrances are) to take the top off for delivery. That means putting all the buttons back on in the house. I've been doing it by hand until now.

Cheers!
Okami
Attached Thumbnails
bosch-gdr10-8v-li-lithium-ion-730.jpg像 730.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	3157   bosch-gdr10-8v-li-lithium-ion-731.jpg像 731.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	3158  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 AM

If I were in the market for a 10.8v impact driver, this is what I would be looking at....

Makita TD090DW 10.8V Li-Ion Cordless Impact Driver

Pretty close to the same tool except it comes with a 3 year warranty. If you use it a lot, then that would be a good thing. Also .2lb. lighter. Can't really beat the price. 3/8" shorter if you need to get in a tight place.