talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Photography and Video

Photography and Video Helping you take better photos and videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Inactive Member

Default Camera Capture software

Does anyone know of a free or really cheap software package that will let me control my Olympus SP350 from my laptop? I would like to be able to preview the image on the laptop and click the shutter from there, especially when I need a picture requiring one of my hands to be in the shot.

I know the SP350 can do this because this is what my former employer was doing with it when I acquired the camera. (There is a hidden/undocumented menu that I can place the camera into PC control mode.) I like this camera because it has the features of an SLR, including a hot shoe, for business work, yet is very compact for when I want it for personal use.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Re: Camera Capture software

Olympus Master 2.x is a free download here but I don't know if it provides camera control. You've probably already checked this out anyway but you can get more info here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Inactive Member

Thanks, but that is just an image browser and stuff.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 AM

Rick,

I think Master is Olympus's base software' to control you camera you would need to try Olympus studio, Try this link and see if it works there's a free 30 day trial so at least you can try before you buy

Olympus Studio 2.0