talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Photography and Video

Photography and Video Helping you take better photos and videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Default Bay of Fires, Tasmania Aust (Errol Flynn country)

G'day

This thread is actually a test to see if I can just copy all the bb codes with the test from posts made on my home forum. If I can then it will mean much quicker posting. From here it is a cut & paste.

Haven't posted in this section before, mainly because I don't seem to take many of these sort of pics atm, and the threads all appear to be current works. No longer having any big boys gear doesn't help either. I got rid of all my film gear a couple of previous lives ago, and all I have now is a little f*rt box of a digital camera which I detest (because of its design flaws, shutter delay, appalling display etc etc etc etc). The camera a Canon PowerShot Pro1, but that's actually the last reference to "pro" in it!

Anyway, these are a few from a road trip in 2006. Tassie is one of my very favourite general locations, and although I've been there a few times, I hadn't been to the Bay of Fires on the east coast until this trip, in October 06. Suffice to say that even though I wasn't able to be there for either dawn or late light I was absolutely gobbsmacked when I strolled down from the car! In early or late light (particularly post-thunderstorm) this place would be SMOKIN'!

Thanks for looking (if it works)

Regards
Brett

Last edited by FenceFurniture; 09-02-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Bay of Fires, Tasmania Aust (Errol Flynn country)

Yes! That'll make things really easy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Brett, the photo is not visible to me, even when I go directly to the url in my browser.

Is it possible that you have your album set for "private"?

Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Administrator

I now see what the problem is.

WoodworkForums.com is also a VBulletin powered forum and they have it set to only members (logged in) being able to see photos. Brett, none of your photos in any of the threads you have posted here are visible to anyone but you, or another member of WoodworkForums.com.

TalkFestool was set up that way originally, but due to complaints about this very situation, we opened photo viewing to everyone.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Brett, I have just joined and logged on to your home forum (WoodworkForums.com) and I can now see all your photos on talkFestool.

Sneaky way to get people to join.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Hi joraft

Seems I'll have to upload the pics across the ocean. Damn!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 AM

Pics fixed, but the size is miserable again!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Hi Brett

On Ubeaut, go to your posting, hit Edit, then copy the post. Return to TalkFestool and paste. Preview what you have done to check all is well.

Another thought: are you uploading from your computer or linking from an external site such as Photobucket? I use Photobucket.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 PM

Hi Derek

Fancy meeting you here eh? Actually that's exactly what I did, and everything looked jim dandy, but later we realised that it was only members here who are also members over there (where am I???) who could see the pics. So I uploaded them here (no idea why the size is so small).

Yes, I think I'll have to look into photobucket or similar, because even when I'm at home I'm not happy with the quality of uploaded pics (loss of sharpness primarily).

Thanks for that, and see you back at home.

Regards from the US
Brett
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Photobucket is not a preferred option as the pictures can disappear leaving a mess in the forums.