talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Photography and Video

Photography and Video Helping you take better photos and videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Panorama

Here's another wide shot (and another winery). This one was a shorter swing on the "pan":

Old 04-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Founding Member

John,

Another great pic. I still think I am right. I think the momma horses drank a lot and the foals got blitzed from them. See how it all fits together???

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post

See how it all fits together???
Yes, I do see, and that's what worries me, YOUR world is actually starting to make sense to me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I tried the "panorama" feature on my little Sony Cybershot for the first time yesterday. It is simple to use, just push the shutter button and swing the camera slowly as far as you want to shoot.

Here's a shot of the Babock Vineyard in Lompoc, CA:

Nice pic! I envy you with all that wine tasting... Having grown up in a wine area I can see the attraction Only difference, a good bottle will only cost you $10 in Germany and not $30 like here in Canada...

Anyhow, Lompoc...... We cycled up that one freaking hill coming from the south about 8 years ago. Met a very nice woman (firefighter) that without knowing us (!) handed us her house keys to stay overnight while she was working.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Founding Member

John,

That is because my world IS the world. Just axe me.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 04-20-2010, 01:50 AM

Hi John, I grew up about 8 miles out of Lompoc on the way to Buelton. Back then there were only a couple of wineries. Those must be recent pics, as there is green on the hills and not the usual brown. I haven't been back for a visit in over 15 years, I suppose one day I should. Thanks for the shots and the memories they bring.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkTom View Post

Hi John, I grew up about 8 miles out of Lompoc on the way to Buelton. Back then there were only a couple of wineries. Those must be recent pics, as there is green on the hills and not the usual brown.
You're right, Tom, that shot was taken last Saturday (4/17). This is the best time of year for good scenery in California (also baby ponies and strawberries as big as your fist )

If you haven't been back there in a while, you may be surprised to know that there are now over 100 wineries in the area (counting those on both sides of the 101).

You probably recognize those hills in the photo as the Santa Rita Hills and that highway as the 246. One interesting fact is that the wineries just on the other side of those hills produce completely different wines than those produced on this side. And both are different than what's produced just a few miles inland. This is mostly due to the different weather conditions created by the way the hills direct the cooling coastal winds.

So many wines to taste, and so little time.

Last edited by joraft; 04-21-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofurniture View Post

Anyhow, Lompoc...... We cycled up that one freaking hill coming from the south about 8 years ago. Met a very nice woman (firefighter) that without knowing us (!) handed us her house keys to stay overnight while she was working.
Andreas, if you're talking about that long, steep grade on the 101 just North of the tunnel (at Gaviota), I don't know why any sane person would attempt that on a bicycle.

And, yes, the folks in that area tend to be very friendly and kind, not to mention laid back and relaxed. Interestingly enough, many of them are escapees from Los Angeles.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

John, nice camera - what a fabulous shot!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Founding Member

Years ago when we got our first digital point'n'shoot, a Canon A60, I went to some trouble & expense to get an adapter and a wide-angle lens. It seems to me this panorama feature kills the need for a wide-angle on a point'n'shoot.

...So maybe a model with decent telephoto abilities and the panorama feature is the one to aim for? Not only point'n'shoot but also all-in-one?