talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Photography and Video

Photography and Video Helping you take better photos and videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:44 AM

Default Re: The Light at the End of the Tunnel Won’t be a Strobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSwenson View Post

The one Shot color camera recoded three images on black and white glass plates. The light was separated by two partial mirrors and filtered through red, green and blue glass filters.
Funny that the first digital camera back i had in 1994 was a Leaf DCB three shot back with a resolution of, if i remember correctly 2048x2048 (which back in those days was EXTREMELY high resolution) It had a red blue and green revolving filter wheel in front of the lens. The computer (a mac 8100) needed 80MB of memory, which was also an EXTREMELY high amount of memory LOL. When you made the shot it would fire the strobes 3 times and composite the colour image in the computer. Only stills could be shot or single shot black and white. I must say the BW shots from that back were the best i have seen to date. Because of the monochrome chip it behaved pretty much the same as coventional Black and White film
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Default Re: The Light at the End of the Tunnel Won’t be a Strobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne View Post
Hi scottw

It is one of those fiber optic gizmos like you said. I bought that like maybe 20 years ago. It allows you to do lots of weird lighting. It's trial and error and takes some experience to make it work and a lot of film . It was a bit of a trendy thing back then. It has all these little accesories, softboxes, fiberglass tubes etc all very small. Fun to play with. I started using it with digital lately and that works nicely because in stills you can easily sandwich good parts from different images. You could use any light source BTW, LED torch, normal torch, halogen construction lights for larger areas etc.
Thanks Johne,

Okay, I know exactly what you are talking about. The popular one here was called Are you ready for this ? The Hosemaster They were around $5000 +

Scott W.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!