talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Other Projects

Other Projects Metal work, car polishing, and other jobs where we use our tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 03:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: The Re-build

Wow! For "not being mechanical" you seem to have done rather well. It looks great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 PM

I was just writing the exact same thing - if you were only a mechanic you could have done a good job on this project.

When someone asks you if you are skilled at woodworking, is your answer something like, "Yea, I think I have a hammer lying around here somewhere"?

Modesty is a great trait, but I think you were sandbagging us with this claimed lack of mechanical skill - great work as always, Okami!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:51 AM

I'm being honest when I say, this is my first project involving engines and mechanics
I just followed the manual, I could have never done it with out that. These 2stroke bikes are easier to maintain than the more complicated 4stroke engines.
I'm yet to go for a ride to make sure everything really is fine
Old 04-09-2015, 04:15 AM

Still riding the old kawasaki.
Recently put a new piston in
And did a few other things
Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Cool! You did a great job photoshopping the wires out of that "jump" shot...

Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Administrator

That looks quite clean still for being a dirt bike. While I'm more a car guy I still appreciate your rebuild, quite detailed in the finish for an off road vehicle.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Cool! You did a great job photoshopping the wires out of that "jump" shot...

Yes, we had a crane brought in especially to take the shot
I was hoping you wouldnt see the wires
That's a pretty small jump compared to some. The double and triple jumps are quite scary.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
That looks quite clean still for being a dirt bike. While I'm more a car guy I still appreciate your rebuild, quite detailed in the finish for an off road vehicle.
It is reasonably clean for a 15 year old dirt bike. I do keep up the maintenance on it, not only for my own safety, but I'm up against new model dirt bikes most of the time and my old KX250 is seen as a bit of a dinosaur. I have to keep it clean and ride hard just to stop them laughing at me
Old 04-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Do you actually race, Okami? It would be fun to see some footage of your bump-jumping!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Administrator

You've done a nice job with that bike, Okamisan.

Dirt bikes are a lot of fun. I used to ride a lot, both street and dirt.

My wife "encouraged" me to sell all my bikes when our daughter was born. She was worried that I might leave our child fatherless. Now that our daughter is full grown my wife says I'm too old to ride a motorcycle.