talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Other Projects

Other Projects Metal work, car polishing, and other jobs where we use our tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default re: Polishing VCT Chess Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson View Post
If you have a large area to do and want to do it properly, you could rent a burnisher. The pad on the bottom looks like a scotchpad, but just a bit stiffer. I wish I had one of these. There are several pads to choose from, including just a cleaning pad versus a stripping/burnishing pad.

Back in college I used to do the floors for a large grocery store. I was spoiled and had a self-propelled walk behind machine that was also a floor scrubber. The one I used was 40 years old and looked like a stainless steel box on wheels, but it was the predecessor to this one. I can't say why, but I might actually get to play with one of these machines soon.
Wow, there is a trip down memory lane -- back in the military we used those to strip & buff the floors. While stripping the floor one guy would sit balanced on the motor while the second guy ran the machine. Then for buffing we sat the machine on a towel & buffed to a very high sheen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!