talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Other Projects

Other Projects Metal work, car polishing, and other jobs where we use our tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Shinex - Auto/Boat detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post

So... did he tell you that he was gonna tell you that before he told you?
And then did he tell you?
And then did he tell you that he told you that?

Being an employer for many years left me with the very unpopular habit of constantly repeating myself.

Being an employer for many years left me with the very unpopular habit of constantly repeating myself.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post

Hmmm... Since you are no longer 'an employer' and still seem to have this unpopular habit, it must be the 'many years' that was, and continues to be the cause.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post

Hmmm... Since you are no longer 'an employer' and still seem to have this unpopular habit, it must be the 'many years' that was, and continues to be the cause.
Obviously, you've been talking to my wife.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:

One polishing machine that is a curiosity to me is the Cyclo.

They are hand manufactured in the USA, have been around for 50 years, and no one disputes their excellent quality. The people who use them absolutely rave about them. Yet, they have never become widely accepted or used in the detailing community.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I ordered a Cyclo, and it arrived a couple of days ago. My first impression is that it's very well made, and feels very nice in the hands. I'll post more about it after I start using it.

I also ordered that little 3" polisher from Griot's Garage. I like the idea of being able to get into tight places, which on a Smart is pretty much the whole car.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
My curiosity got the better of me, so I ordered a Cyclo, and it arrived a couple of days ago. My first impression is that it's very well made, and feels very nice in the hands. I'll post more about it after I start using it.

I also ordered that little 3" polisher from Griot's Garage. I like the idea of being able to get into tight places, which on a Smart is pretty much the whole car.

That reminds me, I've been wondering how you fit into that tiny little car?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post

That reminds me, I've been wondering how you fit into that tiny little car?
Michael, that's not a problem at all. Ask anyone who has even sat in a Smart and they'll tell you that the room inside is amazing. It's so roomy that it is easy forget just how small the car is.

That is, until you find yourself sitting in traffic counting the lug nuts on a Peterbilt.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

He bought one of these:

(Drat! Missed by 2 minutes!)

Last edited by Poto; 05-05-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America