talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Project and tool-related topics that don't fit elsewhere - hardware, wood, glue, paint, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 05:58 PM

Default Re: New Magazine

Mike,

Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

One word so you can continue to dress yourself...

...muumuu!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

My copy has shipped, but the Government mules don't get to this part of the country as fast as yours.

And Mike, praying for your speedy recovery! If you can't hold a magazine open, shop time must be really impossible!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Shop time is impossible, but I did go down the other evening and consider sleeping in my Dad's old electric recliner that I moved there. It's more comfortable than the one in the house. Not normally, but the one in the shop doesn't have an arm rest that comes anywhere near my arm. Sherry wasn't wild about me sleeping down there so she couldn't keep tabs on me.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Well, good to hear. I got my copy but can't hold it open. In fact, I'm down to one hand for the foreseeable future. Shoulder surgery took out my left wing. For some reason this one has been really painful to the point that I haven't been able to use our bed. Trying to sleep sitting up in a recliner hasn't been the greatest, but what can you do? Typing one handed is a hoot as well. A few more weeks and I'm hoping to be able to start using it again. In the meantime, I've been too embarrassed to ask Sherry to hold the magazine open for me. It's bad enough that she's had to dress and undress me, towel me off, etc. Funny how we take being whole for granted.
I's so sorry that this is a difficult recovery, Mike. It sounds extremely frustrating. I hope that you heal up well, thoroughly, and promptly. And that you can get back to turning your own pages (and enjoying your tools) soon!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post

For some reason this one has been really painful to the point that I haven't been able to use our bed. Trying to sleep sitting up in a recliner hasn't been the greatest, but what can you do?
I can really empathize, slept in a chair for 15 months due to an injury, it isn't ideal but you gotta sleep somehow. Hope you get out of it much faster than I did.