talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 PM

Default Hi-de-Ho

Hey everybody. I joined A while back but have only posted a couple of times. I am a moderator on another site and belong to the FOG but generally do not post there too often. I was looking for a particular idea about storing my rails for my TS55REQ name when I googled it up popped TalkFestool! I really liked a couple of ideas I saw and have to admit, because of inactivity I hadn't been on, but here I am again! Thanks and happy Monday!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: Hi-de-Ho

back! back!!!

I think Paul-Marcel stores his on brackets attached to his garage doors. My 3000 rail is on the lumber rack and the shorter ones are on the Sysrolls behind the Systainers.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Welcome back!! Are you looking for a box-type storage or something else?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:30 AM

Hey guys, with the base,net shop remodel going on, I added some walls and this afternoon just sank some Kreg pocket screws with the smith shaft in the new wall and hung one under the other. I gues my dumb question was is there a reason guys and gals just don't use the hanger holes or are the afraid the rails will warp?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I don't think there should be any problem wit using the hanger holes. I just don't have any available wall space to put a nail in.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Administrator

I would have no problem hanging my rails from the holes if: A) I didn't need to haul them around to other locations at times and B) I had a wall tall enough in my garage to accomodate my longest rail. So I keep them in a box I made which also protects them from unfortunate encounters with other hard objects.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:23 AM

Welcome back
I don't own the 3000mm rail, but do hang my rails on the wall with a nail through the stud. I hang them vertical, Theres a nice hole in the ends of the rail, I assumed that was for hanging. I've been doing it for years (about 10) and my rails are fine.

Last edited by Okami; 08-18-2015 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-18-2015, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

I hang my shorter rails from a nail in the wall. The longer one leans up against a refrigerator in my shop.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
back! back!!!

I think Paul-Marcel stores his on brackets attached to his garage doors. My 3000 rail is on the lumber rack and the shorter ones are on the Sysrolls behind the Systainers.
Alex,

Can we get a picture? I'm not sure what Sysrolls are.

Mike
Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Alex,

Can we get a picture? I'm not sure what Sysrolls are.

Mike
Sys-Roll, their 4 wheel dolly system that allows you to stack systainers for transporting. They added the smaller front wheels so you don't have to lean the dolly unit backwards for moving it like a regular 2 wheel dolly unless you needed to like over bumps/curbs etc, and so it's self standing as well. I will 'try' to link a picture. Oh wow, that actually worked.... Anyway, I own one, very handy, strong and lightweight as well.

http://www.festoolusa.com/power-tool...e-dolly-498660

Last edited by Leakyroof; 08-18-2015 at 03:32 PM.