talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Finally Made it over

Connecticut, The nutmeg state I know, the nuts don't fall far from the tree, ja
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Founding Member

Hey Dan,

As those other dudes said welcome aboard and about freakin time, eh? Can't wait for you to fill our forum with your enviable content. As you may have also noticed we have some very cool smilies but at this point we need many more.

Just remember, here at tF this or this can cause this or this then this guy runs over and he causes this which leaves the rest of us watching the soap opera and so I say and and try not to go because we want to be for you or giving you the ole . Thus ends my saga as all of a sudden I wanted to try and use every smilie but I just could not get there.

So, Dan once again welcome. Please take nothing in the preceding paragraph as anything other than fun.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Dan, as a Canadian you can imagine how surreal it is for an Ontarian to have settled in La-La Land. Growing up, California was this mythical place (no Michael, not Mythigan) of surfers and Disneyland. To be living here, and have raised a child here, is very very strange for me.

Plus, I don't get to use "eh?" anymore.

Bob - you still need practice! I can still detect some New Jersey (or is it New York?) accent...

But, but, the beer tastes like water

Don't you miss the Molson Canadian Eh!!

Getting off topic here but my workplace had a pub with free beer up until 6 months ago. It was the coolest thing. Talk about a liability. You were only allowed two drinks a day and some users were pouring 2 pitchers

Dan Clermont
Old 09-11-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post
Hey Dan,

As those other dudes said welcome aboard and about freakin time, eh? Can't wait for you to fill our forum with your enviable content. As you may have also noticed we have some very cool smilies but at this point we need many more.

Just remember, here at tF this or this can cause this or this then this guy runs over and he causes this which leaves the rest of us watching the soap opera and so I say and and try not to go because we want to be for you or giving you the ole . Thus ends my saga as all of a sudden I wanted to try and use every smilie but I just could not get there.

So, Dan once again welcome. Please take nothing in the preceding paragraph as anything other than fun.

Fred
Thanks Fred.

Glad to be here. This forum has many great posters.

Dan Clermont
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Founding Member

Dan,

I must say that I am extremely pleased you are here as I always enjoyed all of your informative posts as well as your humor.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

You know, I always liked Molson Export better than Canadian. And Labatts Blue always tasted like skunk to me...

I was really bummed when I read that Budweiser was the most popular beer in Canada. Perhaps that's changed. It's hard to maintain the moral high ground if your countrymen are drinking Bud...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
You know, I always liked Molson Export better than Canadian. And Labatts Blue always tasted like skunk to me...

I was really bummed when I read that Budweiser was the most popular beer in Canada. Perhaps that's changed. It's hard to maintain the moral high ground if your countrymen are drinking Bud...
No matter what they drink... they've got the latitude to claim the high ground... or at least the north ground.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 PM

Poto,
The skunk taste comes from contaminated Co2, either from the Co2 injected at the brewery or exposure to the ultra violet light caused by sun light from poor handling. That's the reason for brown and green bottles. The little ridges on the bottoms keep them from sliding on a wet bar. Oh, I forgot your a scientist, you know all this. Sorry
Beer belly Bob
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, Bob, even though I've spent a great deal of time scientifically drinking beer, I didn't know about the CO2 and ultraviolet. Thanks! Another reason I love this forum!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Founding Member

Michael,

Let us not forget Alaska. Not all higher ground, moral or otherwise is or can be claimed by Canada. In the United States we come by Budweiser honestly. The Canadians in their infinite wisdom imported our swill and then made it their number one beer????? My god man, I would say that they would have a hard time claiming the higher ground of an anthill for ANY reason.

Fred