talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 AM

Default New From Brasil

Hey All

My name is Ari (60) and I'm from Brasilia, Brasil.

I love woodworking and I'm new to Festool.

I'm here to learn and share and I hope you guys be patient whit my poor English...

My curent tools are Domino XL - T15 - Assembly packageSYS 1 CE-SORT and I'm having a very good time using then.

Thank you very much.

Ari Cunha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: New From Brasil

Welcome, Ari!!! We're looking forward to seeing your projects here! Feel free to jump in and comment or ask questions.

My wife & I hosted an exchange student from Teresina 18 years ago. Where in Brazil are you located?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 PM

Wino!

Thank you for your nice welcome.

I leave i Brasília, the Capital since 1958. It was inaugurated in 1960. My father came to found the first city newspaper and works there until today!! I got used to challenges....

My son was also a exchange student. He went to Elkhart, Indiana. I sent a boy and received back a man. It was an amazing experience for us. And We also received a student from Michigan. She is married now, two kids and is coming soon!! I will know my "grandsons"...

As you say, only Water separates the people of the world.

Once again Wino, thank you very much.

Best from

Ari
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Ari! So wonderful of you to introduce yourself. We have a great group of people here, and hopefully we'll be able to help you out if you have questions - on just about anything. Even Festool!

Good luck on your slide down the slippery slope that is Festool. It's probably safe to say that we all thought we'd stop at one tool. Silly us. I have two Sysports full, and more tools that won't fit in the Sysports. I think Fred just got his 9th Sysport! Don't try to compete with Fred - he'll always win!

What kinds of woods do you work with in Brazil? We're looking forward to seeing your stuff!

And again, welcome!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Hi Ari,

Most of us native English speakers have poor English skills too! You'll fit right in, welcome.

-Rutager
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 PM

I wish I had access to the hardwoods that you have growing around you (at a reasonable price). Most of the really good stuff is export controlled, and what does get out is extremely expensive.

Make sure to post pictures of your creations.

Charles
Old 10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

Most of us native English speakers have poor English skills too!
Speak for yourself, Rutager ... if you can.

Welcome to the forum, Ari, we look forward to your input!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Welcome to Talk Festool Ari!

Have fun with your new Festools and enjoy your stay.

Looking forward to your projects and your experiences.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Welcome, Ari! So wonderful of you to introduce yourself. We have a great group of people here, and hopefully we'll be able to help you out if you have questions - on just about anything. Even Festool!

Good luck on your slide down the slippery slope that is Festool. It's probably safe to say that we all thought we'd stop at one tool. Silly us. I have two Sysports full, and more tools that won't fit in the Sysports. I think Fred just got his 9th Sysport! Don't try to compete with Fred - he'll always win!

What kinds of woods do you work with in Brazil? We're looking forward to seeing your stuff!

And again, welcome!
Poto, thank you for your warm welcome!

Festool is a disease for me...

I'm a hi grade toolaholic and it's a shame but I think I prefer tools then woodwork... OK, a confess ...

No, not at all, just kiding. Now I will make some nice doors using the Domino XL and will post here.

About woods. MDF, TS and other material are changing the game here. Yes, the exotic wood country now is the MDF country.

There are some hard to find woods like ipê, sucupira, mogno etc, that some times we can get. But every day is becoming more difficult. Bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Hi Ari,

Most of us native English speakers have poor English skills too! You'll fit right in, welcome.

-Rutager
Rutager, thanks a lot. Now I feel more comfortable... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesWilson View Post
I wish I had access to the hardwoods that you have growing around you (at a reasonable price). Most of the really good stuff is export controlled, and what does get out is extremely expensive.

Make sure to post pictures of your creations.

Charles
Thanks Charles, I wish too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post

Welcome to the forum, Ari, we look forward to your input!

Thanks Jorafat!! As soon I have some thong new, will who here, you bet!!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 PM

¡Aí! Bemvindo a neste forum, Jobinho! Aqui temos vário sorte de quasi-homems, e vário sorte de bom....e outro... avisos, recomendações e opiniões.

And, as others already have said, tenho muito celoso do seu oportunidade de adquirir some fantastic types of woods that exist in your region. I have a wonderful book in my collection, "Árvores no Brasil", that gives great descriptions of some woods that we consider exotic.

In fact, I have two copies. If any of our wood-impoverished American colleagues would like one, let me know. Each page is in both Portuguese and English....

pelo coração da Serra Alaskana -
"Alaska Ranger"
Audie....ou, o meu nome no Brasil era "Toddinho"