talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Inactive Member

Default Rick Christopherson

I don’t normally do one of these “About the Members” postings, but I figured this would be a good location where I could put some frequently-asked-for links, and right now there isn’t any other forum on the Internet where this information resides.

As one of my many hobbies ranging from woodworking to dirt biking, I also freelance by writing a few Supplemental Owner’s Manuals for Festool USA. These manuals exist because Christian Oltzcher understands that woodworkers in the U.S. market expect a manual that is commensurate with the tool. Festool-USA is the only division of Festool that has actively pursued improving the factory user manuals, and I personally think he deserves a significant amount of recognition for making the network of owners and dealers what it is today.

Many of my manuals have remained in an “unreleased” status for quite some time due to a slow process of legal review, but I think this bottleneck is loosening up, and a whole series of manuals should jump to “Released” status soon. In the mean time, I keep copies of these manuals on my own website for woodworkers to download, and that is the primary purpose of this posting. Here is a list of all Released and Unreleased documents:

ATF 55 E Manual (Released)
TS55 Manual (Unreleased)
OF1400 Manual (Released)
OF2200 Manual (Unreleased)
Domino Manual (Unreleased)
Kapex Manual (Unreleased)
C12 Technical Review

Important note: All unreleased manuals have not been fully reviewed and approved for legal content, so by downloading these manuals, you accept all risk and liability for use of the information contained within them.

==================================
I suppose this wouldn't be an appropriate posting without a picture of my wall of shame. I still haven't even put away the new tools I got several months ago, and I still need to figure out how to fit another stack of Sortainers on top of my Systainer ports. I'm a natural born slob, but the ports and sortainers have helped with at least this little corner of the shop.

Last edited by RickChristopherson; 08-08-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

I'm glad you've chosen this forum to hang in.

Thanks loads for the links to the manuals you've written. I had no idea you'd done so many. Looking forward to reading them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Rick,
Thanks for the insight and for the links, I also never realized that you had written so many manuals and it looks like I have more reading to do. I am sure you will fit right on in here Rick , Enjoy

PS: If your having problems finding a space for those new tools I can help you out, as I have Plenty of space!!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Hi Rick,
Glad to see You here!
Thanks for the links to Your manuals, very useful
You've got a fine collection of festools there
Okami
Old 08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Founding Member

Rick,

Welcome aboard. It's great to see you here. And it's great to see links to your manuals in one place.

I've printed out several. The TS55 and OF1400 printed manuals live in their respective systainers for quick reference.

Regards,

Dan.

p.s., nice stealth gloat!!!

Last edited by DanClark; 08-08-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

I'm honored to be in the presence of a Festool manual writer.

You've got a great writing style, and an ability to get to the point in an objective way. Thanks for all you've done (and will do). It's great having you here.

And you might actually have more tools than Fred, though I'm not certain of that!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Rick,

I wanted to just say thanks for joining and sharing your expertise with us here. Much appreactiated.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
And you might actually have more tools than Fred, though I'm not certain of that!
I'm not sure either. However, my last shopping spree through the Festool catalog had to be delivered by semi truck with a lift gate to get the boxed pallet onto my driveway. But really, it's not about quantity. It's about how many NAINA items you have in your collection.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickChristopherson View Post
But really, it's not about quantity. It's about how many NAINA items you have in your collection.
Rick,

That was simply mean! Really mean!!! (Sniffle, sniffle, whine...)

Dan.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClark View Post
Rick,

That was simply mean! Really mean!!! (Sniffle, sniffle, whine...)

Dan.