talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 03:12 AM

Default Hello

I've already posted a response but thought I would introduce myself here before I moved on. I'm a hobby guy with taste for good tools; hence here I am.

Through reseach to purchase a Domino I found this forum. I've got a 55 saw and vac but I want just one more tool. Then I'll quit.

I've been at this for about 30 years but still don't know much about woodworking except the one thing I do know - I'm keeping my day job.

I hope to learn from you and contribute to what little I know.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Hello

Glad you joined talkFestool, Mark. Welcome.

I uttered that famous phrase "just one more tool" before but never could stick to it. Discovering Festool just made it worse for me.

Look forward to your contributions. I'll bet after 30 years the little you know is alot more than you think.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mark - welcome! I doubt there's a person here who didn't say "just one more tool and then I'm done". It just doesn't work that way. People like Fred goad you into this or that tool that you don't need. But it turns out, you do need. More than you ever realized. Especially when you're trying to explain it to your wife...

Keep up the posting, and try to ignore the temptations that will surely be coming your way!

Last edited by Poto; 02-10-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 AM

Welcome again Mark.

Have you decided what the "one other tool" is yet or looking for suggestions?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 AM

Welcome to the "club"
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
A Festool User First

Send a message via AIM to TimmyC Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyC Send a message via Skype™ to TimmyC

Welcome Mark!

t
Old 02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Founding Member

Mark,

Welcome to talkFestool. I hope you enjoy! That said...

We need to discuss, "...but I want just one more tool. Then I'll quit." What a great sense of humor you have! Uhmmm... It typically doesn't work out that way.

Have fun,

Dan.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
just one more tool. Then I'll quit.
Welcome to the Festool 12-step program! Here is how it works:

Buy one tool, then quit. Repeat as needed.

You are on the right track, because currently there are only 11 major tool categories in the 2009 catalog. That leaves you 1 extra for when the 2010 catalog arrives.

BD
Old 02-11-2009, 04:33 AM

Thanks guys. I don't know if I should answer here, if not I guess you'll get to move me.
As I stated earlier I was after one more tool, mainly a Domino. But, I was just thinking mind you. Well if you consider the mtf table a tool I ...well you're right I won't stop at one. Earlier today I ordered the domino and the holy table plus some accessories all in one order all in the same minute!
Is there a cure?

Seriously, I just found out about an Inca forum. Reading a few messages there I find these guys really like the machines and are still using them after 30 years, as I am. I can still remember in 1978 I paid $1500 for an Inca jointer/planer. And children let me tell you that was a lot of money. I don't remember one regret though.
I think in 30 years if we're still alive (like that song ) we will be talking about having and using these tools for 30 years.

Mark
Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with ya, Mark.

So what's with the beautiful tool chest in your avatar? Is it something you made? Can we see some bigger pictures?