talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Social Club (Off Topic) > Meet the Members

Meet the Members Meet your fellow members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 04:31 AM

Default Howdy

I'm Scott.
I've seen many of you on another forum, but apparently I missed something somewhere and now you are here.
I just love Festools and woodworking, and so anywhere I can find out more info and good tips and advice is a great place to me.

I've been around construction all my life, as my dad is a contractor here in Michigan (yeah, not a good place for that lately). I realized about 6 years ago that I really love the detailed side of building, like trim and cabinets. The last few years have been just a constant striving for more knowledge and learning. I feel I have a pretty good background of teaching from my dad, plus a lot of self taught aspects of woodworking. I try to read everything I can about such things. The more I learn, the farther I get into wanting to build furniture and make "art" from wood. Hope that doesn't sound pretentious.
I am by no means the most accomplished woodworker out there. But I am always trying to learn how to be better.
I have seen many examples of incredible craftsmanship from many of you here and on other sites, and I am in awe. Hopefully I can learn from your experiences, and if there is anything I can offer of use, I will try.

I am self-employed, and this year started another aspect of my company, S & L Construction, Inc., focused more on cabinetry and furniture. You can find me here: www.miruscustomcabinetry.com
The website is still a work in progress. I hope to have it up soon. For now it just links to my Flickr page with pictures of some of my work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Howdy

Welcome Scott and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:40 AM

Welcome Scott. You have some nice looking projects on that Flickr site. Glad to see you here and hope you enjoy.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Scott - welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself. It'll be great to have another Festoolian here, so please join in the fray. We're looking forward to your wooden art - please keep posting!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Scott,

Welcome to tF.

Great work on the Flickr site and also on your cutting table from your other post.

Darrin