talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Marcou Planes

Marcou Planes "Owning a Marcou is like owning a Jaguar. You might not need one to get to work every day, but its beauty and performance make you lust wildly for it." Christopher Schwarz - editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Philip Marcou
Default Re: Sundry Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
That's what I was afraid of...nothing is as easy as it looks.
Sometimes that is so. I tried to photograph the wear stages of the surface grinder wheel but the results were not exactly stellar. At any rate one can see the aforementioned Red Ring, which moves from leading edge to trailing edge as the wheel wears.
Attached Thumbnails
sundry-items-pict1979.jpg   sundry-items-pict1978.jpg   sundry-items-pict1985.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Next month, in addition to the Gentleman from Australia, there will also be a visit from the French Speaking Gentleman form Tahiti. In fact this person has appeared in these pages before when he spent a few days eating metal dust in my shop-and collected his M12. This time he will collect his S20A which is the one pictured here-made some time back. The wood is Imbuia. That man must take a 21 gun salute.
Attached Thumbnails
sundry-items-p4280006.jpg   sundry-items-p4290004.jpg   sundry-items-p4280004.jpg   sundry-items-p4280005.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Y'know something Philip? I am starting to think you don't deliver and everyone has to go to long cloud land to pick stuff up! Do you get a commission from the tourism industry?

Is that a spot of rust on the top of that blade near the adjuster? Nah....couldn't be...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
Y'know something Philip? I am starting to think you don't deliver and everyone has to go to long cloud land to pick stuff up! Do you get a commission from the tourism industry?

Is that a spot of rust on the top of that blade near the adjuster? Nah....couldn't be...
G'dye mite....More's the pity they can't all come to take delivery in person, but I fear some are afraid of toppling off the edge of the earth here.
The black dot on the blade top is a veldt tip pen mark to make sure that blade stayed with that plane. I shall remove it without delay.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Once again, a lovely plane Philip. That's a lucky French-speaking man from Tahiti.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Lataxe hasn't grasped how to use the Private Message facility on this forum yet-possibly because his screen is full of big pictures?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM

Attachment 6318

Attachment 6319

Attachment 6320

Attachment 6321Here comes S20A #87 , closely followed by M12#88- both for the same gentleman. Nuclear grade dovetails and nice Rhodesian Teak. "Nuclear grade???" that was the expression used by a Norton Abrasives rep who dropped in yesterday, and I think I will adopt the expression for my own use. I would say that Lauries cookies are nuclear grade.
The knob and handle will get a shot of Zinsser shellac sealer followed by two shots of a Special Pre-catalysed lacquer.
sundry-items-p6070019.jpg

Last edited by Philip Marcou; 09-29-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with your attachments, Philip. The kitties came through fine, but your nuclear-grade planes give only errors.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

JPGs must be affected by radiation.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Sorry, things went wrong somehow. Here are the pictures in usual format....(In three screen sizes )
Attached Thumbnails
sundry-items-p9290009.jpg   sundry-items-p9290012.jpg   sundry-items-p9290014.jpg   sundry-items-p9290013.jpg