talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2018, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Felder

Hey that's the same one you were checking out at the open house? Nice machine!
Old 01-30-2018, 04:33 AM

yep, the very same one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:04 AM

Well the last few days have been busy getting commissioning done on the Felder. One of the big jobs is providing 3 phase power for the machine. Several options exist to do this, I chose a rotary Phase Converter from American Rotary in WI. I bought a ADX10 model thinking I may want to get a 3 phase dust collector someday.

The Phase converter is 2 parts a control box with electrical wizardry inside and a Motor Generator to make the 3 leg of the 3 phase. Requires a 60 amp 240 V single phase to feed the magic box. I did not want the Generator sitting on the floor in the dirt so I made a box/ shelf to mount it on the wall. Today's challenge was getting the whole thing onto the wall. I did not realize how much I had forgotten about rope rescue from the Firefighter days. I was able to figure out a pulley system and with a neighbor get the whole thing on the wall. I am looking forward to having some power and see the machine run.

Mark

felder-img_3622.jpg

felder-img_3628.jpg

felder-img_3630.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2018, 08:11 PM

While waiting on the electrician I decided to make some sliding table T Track from Walnut scraps.
Attached Thumbnails
felder-img_3648.jpg  
Old 02-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Old 02-12-2018, 02:23 AM

Make sure your t slot stock isnít too tight, or it will expand in the slot and be a bugger to get out. I made some dovetail filler strip for my Northfield and ended up running a router down the middle to get it out.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:50 AM

I've been thinking about tapping and bolting down some alloy mitre track in my northfield's tablesaw dovetail mitre track. I may have to fill the sides with something to avoid any kind of deflection.
An Incra mitre fence is much better than the Northfield offering. Ive also thought about having a dovetail mitre bar machined to fit on an Incra, but leaning towards the conventional mitre track as it accommodates many jigs and fixtures.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:14 AM

Rutagr,

Good point! I did leave some slop mostly to make it easy to move, where I live the odds of wood expanding are slim to nil it is so dry.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 AM

The Walnut T-nuts were for holding clamps and a Aux handle to the slider. Today's end result photos attached, well looks like I can't attach after all, not sure why?

I used them to hold a pair of Kreg Automax clamps, it works very well.

Mark
Old 02-15-2018, 07:25 AM

Well now the bid for installing the American Rotary Phase Converter came in at 1166.00 with out the permit, about twice my budget.

I am going to have to find another plan for installing the thing....

Wiring for the phase unit is very straight forward and has clear instructions, might pull a permit and do it myself. stay tuned for next weeks adventures.