talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 07:36 PM

Default Industrial Design Grad Student at Georgia Tech - Festool Questionnaire

Hello!

I'm a student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I'm getting my masters in Industrial Design and have chosen Festool to a strategic design overview, which basically is just analyzing the companies offerings and services and then looking for "white space" - areas where new innovation or product development could occur. If you could take this survey (link below), I would really appreciate it :

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1b1c... Questionnaire

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Industrial Design Grad Student at Georgia Tech - Festool Questionnaire

Welcome! I took your survey, but I'd suggest encouraging conversation in this thread, you may find it more revealing. While there may be new categories that Festool might move into, some of the important innovations are improvements to their existing products, or for us in the US, simply bringing their full product line to North America.

Take their Carvex jigsaw for example, it's missing a traditional angle cutting base in favor of a new concept that isn't an improvement for some folks. They could improve that product for me by offering an old style angle base. Not earth shattering but an improvement. Even better if it connects to the radius tool and dust collection.

Or how about finally making a better track saw guide rail connector.

Their recent introduction of sleeved vac hoses is something many folks have been doing on their own for quite a while, Festool finally got a clue.

Anyway the list can be long and certainly varried depending on peoples uses. Have fun with your project
Old 09-25-2015, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Industrial Design Grad Student at Georgia Tech - Festool Questionnaire

Completed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
design, innovation, products, questionnaire, tools