talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 AM

Default Delta Unifence

I need a bit of help locating a Delta Unifence with the large rails (50,52").
I've hit a bit of a wall with the restoration of my Northfield saw. The plan was to buy a new fence locally, but it seems the one guy that could get me a fence isn't interested..(it's the same dealer that sold me the Laguna bandsaw, and I gave him a big mouthful when he ignored the fact that the bandsaw had the wrong motor on it and the safety parts didn't fit).
I wonder if there's anywhere in the US that still has stock of these? Any ideas or help appreciated
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Delta Unifence

Ill ask in the open so the next dolt (like me) doesn't have to ask again.
So the unifence specifically, rather than a Biesemeyer or . . . whatever, is that set in stone? Will the others not fit, or you just have your heart set on that particular style.
I'm kicking bushes, but that tends to generate questions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 AM

Hi Randy!
I'm thinking first choice is the Unifence.
Biesemeyer would be my second choice. I can't get either here.
I've seen the Biesemeyer on Northfield saws, in pictures so I figure both the Unifence and Biesemeyer could be made to fit the Northfield.
Cheers!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a couple of reviews comparing the two:

HappyWoodworking.com

http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/Un...rsusbessy.html

At first I had thought that these were only available used. But then I noticed these:

T22010 Biesemeyer 50" Commercial Saw Fence System

Amazon.com: DELTA BC50 Biesemeyer Commercial Table Saw Fence System: Home Improvement

If either of these are what you want, I would be happy to assist in getting it to you...

Last edited by Corwin; 06-12-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 AM

Okami,

Do you have the stock fence? I love mine, you can even get a micro adjust added to it.

Rutager
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 PM

Hi Rutager
I do have the stock fence, although the two "pins" that go through the fence base and table are missing. I was given some homemade pins when I bought the machine, but I'm not too happy about them. My understanding of the stock fence system is it relies on the pins to keep the fence lined with the blade and miter slots? Also as the fence goes back, the pins need to be pulled out and placed into the next row of holes on the table top. I just can't see how it can all stay accurately lined up this way. Rutager, please educate me, if I'm misunderstanding something
The way I work with my saws, I like to be able to quickly take the fence off for jigs and other uses, and be able to just as quickly put the fence back on and its dead on ready to go. I know the biesemeyer is capable of that. I haven't used the Unifence but from what I've read, it seems capable.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Here's a couple of reviews comparing the two:

HappyWoodworking.com

Comparison between Unifence and Biesemeyer Rip Fences

At first I had thought that these were only available used. But then I noticed these:

T22010 Biesemeyer 50" Commercial Saw Fence System

Amazon.com: DELTA BC50 Biesemeyer Commercial Table Saw Fence System: Home Improvement

If either of these are what you want, I would be happy to assist in getting it to you...
Thanks for that Corwin
Ive sent a message to Grizzly.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Thanks for that Corwin
Ive sent a message to Grizzly.
Great! I'm about an hour's drive from the Grizzly store in Bellingham, WA, so I can easily purchase, pickup, package and ship if that would help -- or, whatever is needed.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 PM

I've located the rail. He'd like $75. He doesn't have the fence that goes with it.
Still snooping around.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 PM

52" Delta Unifence | eBay
and then there's this guy, in a town of population 2000, out in the hills of CA. Now, who might you know near there?