talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Delta Unifence

That same guy also has a 52" Biesemeyer fence:

52" Biesemeyer Rip Fence System | eBay
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 PM

Okami,

If you have the factory pins, the fence will lock in the same place each time, the cool thing is you can leave the setting locked in, pull the pins to use your crosscut sled or miter gauge and drop the fence back down at the same setting. I've used the unifence and hate the "bump" to set it method, the Biesmeyer is the same way. The rack and pinion on the Northfield is very controllable and with the micro adjust add on, it is adjustable to the thou!

-Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeber View Post

... and then there's this guy, in a town of population 2000, out in the hills of CA. Now, who might you know near there?
Pine Grove is out in the middle of nowhere, and a long way from anywhere.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Pine Grove is out in the middle of nowhere, and a long way from anywhere.

John,

That's not too true.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 AM

Thanks everyone!
Grizzy have gotten back to me. They want my address to make a quote for shipping. It seems they might ship it, but they only take American bank cards as payment...or the dreaded PayPal! Which I have neither.
Shipping could be a killer for me and I may have to rethink this all
I never thought it would be so difficult to pick up a new fence here (Japan).
Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Okami,

If you have the factory pins, the fence will lock in the same place each time, the cool thing is you can leave the setting locked in, pull the pins to use your crosscut sled or miter gauge and drop the fence back down at the same setting. I've used the unifence and hate the "bump" to set it method, the Biesmeyer is the same way. The rack and pinion on the Northfield is very controllable and with the micro adjust add on, it is adjustable to the thou!

-Rutager
Thanks Rutager.
I should have thought about those pins when I had Northfield send me some parts last year
I thought I'd just buy a Biesemeyer locally
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Thanks everyone!
Grizzy have gotten back to me. They want my address to make a quote for shipping. It seems they might ship it, but they only take American bank cards as payment...or the dreaded PayPal! Which I have neither.
Shipping could be a killer for me and I may have to rethink this all
I never thought it would be so difficult to pick up a new fence here (Japan).
I can take care of getting the money to Grizzly so they can get it going, and you can figure a way to pay me back later by any means that will work for you if that is any help.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I can take care of getting the money to Grizzly so they can get it going, and you can figure a way to pay me back later by any means that will work for you if that is any help.
That's incredibly kind and generous of you, Corwin! Although I don't think I can take you up on it as the shipping with the combined cost of the fence will kill the deal for me. I just can't afford it.
I really appreciate your (and everyone else's) thoughtfulness
I think I'm going to wait for one to come up locally on the auctions, although the last one I saw was about two years ago that'll give me plenty of time to get the rest of the saw done
Cheers!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

What kind of money are we talking about for the shipping? And is that for just the fence and rails, or does it also include the extension table too? Maybe I can help you with these costs?

Lots of movement between the US dollar and the Yen recently, so your actual costs may change a bunch. If you decide that you do want to go forward with this purchase, either now or sometime down the road, I'm always available to help out on this end...
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
What kind of money are we talking about for the shipping? And is that for just the fence and rails, or does it also include the extension table too? ..
Thank You, Corwin!
Grizzly requested my full address before they would give me an accurate quote. I've emailed it to them today.
I don't need the extension table, I can make my own, but I still think the shipping won't be much shy of a few hundred dollars, which just isn't worth doing.
I'll keep searching locally