talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Default Mortiser attachment on the Hammer A3-31

for those that have the mortising attachment, do you leave it off at all times except for when you are going to use it?

My sales guy said to leave it off but my delivery guy said to leave it on all the time. My back wants to listen to the delivery guy but it seems like it would be pretty awkward leaving it there all the time.

What say you?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Mortiser attachment on the Hammer A3-31

Steve,

Isn't the answer obvious? Buy a second one and leave the attachment on one and off the other. Feeling pretty silly for asking the question now, I bet.

Best,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

Isn't the answer obvious? Buy a second one and leave the attachment on one and off the other ...
In fact, buy a machine for every attachment. That's called the "Rutager Syndrome".

Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

The manual for my A3-41 prohibits using the jointer or planer with the mortiser attached. I didn't get it as I figure my Dominos will do the job more easily.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 05-20-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Steve,

Isn't the answer obvious? Buy a second one and leave the attachment on one and off the other. Feeling pretty silly for asking the question now, I bet.

Best,
Rutager
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
In fact, buy a machine for every attachment. That's called the "Rutager Syndrome".

I can't wait to see the festool solution for stacked vacuums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
The manual for my A3-41 prohibits using the jointer or planer with the mortiser attached. I didn't get it as I figure my Dominos will do the job more easily.
That's pretty much what I thought.

I would just like to add, I haven't been here long but this is the first post I've seen where somebody looked for a reason NOT to buy a new gadget.