talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Machines and Power Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Default Kaeser Compressor

I drove down and picked up my new compressor yesterday. It's not so big, but at 600 lbs. it's pretty hard to move around. So far, I'm very pleased with the German craftsmanship and engineering.

The main reason I chose this machine is the built in air cleaning and drying system. Several machine technicians have told me that most problems with pneumatically controlled woodworking equipment are the result of dirt and/or water in the compressed air. The grill at the bottom is the refrigeration unit for removing water from the air. If you look closely, you can see the very small twin vane pump at the center of the machine. That's all it takes to produce 21 cfm at 125 psi. The small tank at the left is the oil separation unit.

Last edited by joraft; 08-11-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Kaeser Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I drove down and picked up my new compressor yesterday. It's not so big, but at 600 lbs. it's pretty hard to move around. So far, I'm very pleased with the German craftsmanship and engineering.
Ooooo ... nice. If I had one of those my daughter would want to play with the "hissy" all day long. I can't seem to keep a full can of compressed air in the house since she learned its an entertaining toy.

John, I'm going to stand behind my earlier statement about your new shop being a former "small" aircraft hangar. It might be a skewed perspective from the garage smaller workshop contingent.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by immunoboy View Post
Ooooo ... nice. If I had one of those my daughter would want to play with the "hissy" all day long. I can't seem to keep a full can of compressed air in the house since she learned its an entertaining toy.

John, I'm going to stand behind my earlier statement about your new shop being a former "small" aircraft hangar. It might be a skewed perspective from the garage smaller workshop contingent.
There just might be a (another) good reason why this piece of equipment was photographed outside...
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post

There just might be a (another) good reason why this piece of equipment was photographed outside...
Two reasons, Michael, the light was better outside, and there's just no room inside. Right now, the compressor and the dust collector are really hogging up the floor space. Once they're installed upstairs things will open up.

Sometimes I think I'll never get to where I wanna be.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Nice, John. And don't worry - you'll get there. And when you do, we're all going to be sooooo jealous! I wish I had your fortitude for doing it right. Very admirable.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Perfect Little Angel

John,

That thing sure is sweet... Maybe you can run a pipeline over to my house and I can just buy air from you. It sure is a beaut and makes my $600 piece of crap craftsman look really bad. It was only a year old when I had to replace the pump. Congrat's on that baby... You need to setup some mirrors and lighting around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Two reasons, Michael, the light was better outside, and there's just no room inside. Right now, the compressor and the dust collector are really hogging up the floor space. Once they're installed upstairs things will open up.

Sometimes I think I'll never get to where I wanna be.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Nice! Did you get the smart pipe too? I like the stuff, it looked simple but effective on the TV show that was installing it.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Very nice! After you've signed up to supply the West coast compressed air users, don't forget us in the East.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Administrator

I almost forgot to mention that Kaeser tossed in this pen for FREE.

For me, that's what really sealed the deal.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtonya View Post

Did you get the smart pipe too?
Rob, I haven't bought any smart pipe yet, but that's what I'll use once I get the compressor in place and take measurements.