talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Lie-Nielsen Toolworks

Lie-Nielsen Toolworks LIE-NIELSEN TOOLWORKS began in 1981 as an effort to make top-quality hand tools available again from a U.S. maker and to revive discontinued, but useful, designs so the average woodworker could obtain them. Today we make over 50 types of planes, saws, spokeshaves, chisels, floats and more. We have improved and refined designs, and use better materials like Ductile Iron and Manganese Bronze for castings and cryogenically treated A-2 Tool Steel for the blades. Our plane blades are much thicker than those of any other production planes. The quality of machining and finishing results in a tool that looks as great as it works, and will be a pleasure to use for years to come.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 12:21 AM

Default Calendar

Hi Everyone,

I just received my LN email newsletter and good news, they will be selling a 2013 calendar after all! Lie-Nielsen Toolworks USA | Lie-Nielsen-2013 Calendar

-Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Calendar

I ordered mine right after I got the news letter (and other stuff too, oh jeez). It was the "while supplies last" marketing trick that sucked me in.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:20 PM

I found it hard to just buy a ten dollar calendar and pay shipping on it, so I almost ordered another plane, but got Matt Bickford's book instead.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
I found it hard to just buy a ten dollar calendar and pay shipping on it, so I almost ordered another plane, but got Matt Bickford's book instead.
The shipping cost was my line of thinking too. It really isn't a $10.00 calendar is it. You got off cheap. I didn't.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 AM

No sir,

It always seems like if you're going to order something, you should be over $50. Now if LN was feeling like taking advantage of me they should have said free calendar with a $200 purchase or something along those lines- they would have sold me a plane yesterday!

-Rutager
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 AM

So I ordered the calendar and a couple other "trinkets" to justify the shipping costs. Came today... no calendar. I called... backordered. How could this be? "While supplies last" they said. Apparently the newsletter was sent before they even had the calendars. Does anyone see the irony here?

So anyway, here is everything except the calendar...

Small chisel plane...

Bench rabbet plane...

And all I wanted was a calendar.

~