talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Knew Concepts

Knew Concepts Every item is made in the U.S. with full backup for every product. My approach to design is that all improvements are "backward compatible" to the older product. That way, you the customer, are always supported throughout the life cycle of anything that you buy from us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 PM

Location: Santa Cruz, CA (just another lousy day in paradise)
Default 12" titanium marquetry saw

In my copious amounts of free time, just rattling around in the shop with nuthin' to do (if you believe any of the foregoing, you need professional help), I was able to get together with my water jet guy and we worked up a prototype of the aforementioned saw.

Remember, this is still in the development atage, but here are some of the particulars:

9.7 ounces.
Tensioning creates the same pitch tone as the 3" frame.
Brian is taking it to D.C. over the holiday and showing it to Don Williams (one of the main guys behind the Roubo translation about marquetry).

On another note, I have been discovered by the Luthier crowd (musical instrument makers), and they are loving the rigidity of the 3" for doing shell inlay. I am attaching an image by Chuck Moore of:
http://www.moorebettahukes.com
that is the head stock of a ukelele (you can see the four holes for the tuners). He told me that the inlay took about three hours.

Lee (the saw guy)
Attached Thumbnails
12-titanium-marquetry-saw-kalapana.jpg  

Last edited by oldster; 12-18-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: image didn't post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!