talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Default JMPV Bridge City tools - my additions

blade guard - when not in use - simply binder covers available at staples - 10 pack less than $6
Kreg wheels - able to raise height to my comfort level ( yes - legs are at the max) and makes stand easy to roll around AND absolutely no movement when only front wheels are locked (can lock all four but have no need on rubber mat)
Rockler hold downs - on sale for less than $7 and free shipping with $25 order
Attached Thumbnails
jmpv-bridge-city-tools-my-additions-img_1110.jpg   jmpv-bridge-city-tools-my-additions-img_1112.jpg   jmpv-bridge-city-tools-my-additions-img_1113.jpg   jmpv-bridge-city-tools-my-additions-img_1114.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: JMPV Bridge City tools - my additions

Great ideas, Colyn - thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

You are way ahead of me Colyn, it looks like you are making sawdust and my JMP is still at the factory.

Welcome to the forum!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
You are way ahead of me Colyn, it looks like you are making sawdust and my JMP is still at the factory.

Welcome to the forum!
Picked it up at the Woodwork show in Northern KY last weekend ( i think it was last weekend
walked it off the floor at 12pm on the 1st day - ASSEMBLED including stand
Paul Marcel had to do w/o his for the weekend - I think he switched to the smaller version
Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Good deal, Colyn - I must have seen you there.

The JMSW isn't really much smaller than the JMP - it just has one less moving table. Still an amazing saw. Same blades, same sliding table, etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Worse part is, Colyn, that John E said, "well, your JMP is sold so here's a handsaw for you to do the demo with"

Glad you got it all set up and in operation. Did you get the same type of bolts that were used for the clamps (square headed ones)? I got a bag of those from Fastenal up the street... some short some long. Work great with those hold downs except my hold downs are all taken so I'l take your advice and get a 4 pack.

And welcome to the forum!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
Worse part is, Colyn, that John E said, "well, your JMP is sold so here's a handsaw for you to do the demo with"

Glad you got it all set up and in operation. Did you get the same type of bolts that were used for the clamps (square headed ones)? I got a bag of those from Fastenal up the street... some short some long. Work great with those hold downs except my hold downs are all taken so I'l take your advice and get a 4 pack.

And welcome to the forum!
The bolts that come with the hold downs are a soft metal- i ran the sides against my disk sander - for a few seconds- that is all that is needed and they fit flawlessly