talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Default Another cute - yes I said it - tool from Veritas

Check this out: Veritas® Miniature Edge Plane - Lee Valley Tools

Is that not the cutest edge plane you've ever seen? It'll go well with the mini shoulder plane I got last year around this time. Bet Gillian'll love it!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Another cute - yes I said it - tool from Veritas

Looks like I'm adding that to the cart...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Check this out: Veritas® Miniature Edge Plane - Lee Valley Tools

Is that not the cutest edge plane you've ever seen? It'll go well with the mini shoulder plane I got last year around this time. Bet Gillian'll love it!
Peter,

I can really see Gillian loving that however, it is a little too big for me.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorWalsh View Post
Looks like I'm adding that to the cart...

Trevor,

If that is the case then you need this one as well.

Fred

Veritas® Miniature Shoulder Plane - Lee Valley Tools

Veritas® Miniature Shoulder Plane

This miniature version of our medium shoulder plane was developed out of a desire to test the limitations of our materials, design, and manufacturing processes (not to mention the patience of our engineers!). Weighing a mere 1.7 oz and measuring 2-1/2" long by 1/4" wide, this is the smallest plane we have made to date.
Despite its diminutive size, it is fully functional and remarkably effective for fine trimming or cleaning the bottoms of narrow dados. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold, making it exceptionally easy to maneuver and control. The investment-cast stainless-steel body has a fixed mouth, with a machined sole and ground sides. A low 15° bed angle combined with the 25° blade bevel provides a 40° cutting angle.
The stainless-steel Norris-style adjuster lets you set the full-width A2 blade (0.060" thick) with precision. Supplied in a French-fitted embossed leatherette box, it makes a stunning gift, at a price that even we can't believe! Highly recommended.
Made in Canada.
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 11-06-2010, 08:50 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Every now & again we have to overlook Poto's non-macho descriptor's because in this case... He's RIGHT.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:22 PM

I'm actually getting the 1/4" detail rabbet plane instead... and other things... I like it way better than the usual shoulder plane design. Plus the Detail's have brass, brass is a winner.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM

I've seen all of them, and am scared to buy them since my wife would be VERY inclined to turn them into Christmas tree ornaments due to their small size and "cuteness factor". Which would mean I'd have to buy 2 of each, one for me, one for the tree!:smad: Of course, Rob Lee wouldn't mind a bit
Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

On the up side, they're not that expensive...