talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Default More accurate dado's using festool fence - stops & back fence

I recently purchased a dadomax from Woodline ($109)

and thought about coming up with a better way to rout dado's etc using my festool fence on my MFT.
I clamped my longer clamp and tool guide to the festool fence- lining up ends and making sure it was parallel ( you can make a set up block to do this)

Much easier and more accurate-and no clamping on and off the board- just lift - slide - rout and repeat
I can square up stock using the back fence/stops etc and I have attached a measuring tape to the back fence - or using the holes ( lining up w/ "dogs")
All I have to do is put stock under festool fence - line up markers on end of dadomax ( 1/4",3/8" or 1/2") - or create a sample board and line up that way.

and rout away - perfect everytime and no need to measure or mark board in two places to line up fence that came w/ dadomax
Attached Thumbnails
more-accurate-dados-using-festool-fence-img_1113.jpg   more-accurate-dados-using-festool-fence-img_1114.jpg   more-accurate-dados-using-festool-fence-img_1115.jpg   more-accurate-dados-using-festool-fence-img_1116.jpg  

Last edited by rsausa; 04-08-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!