talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Wera at Amazon

Wera at Amazon.

Not sure this is news to everyone but it is to me...
The prices are slightly higher than some other places but when Amazon's free shipping (over $25) is factored in you come out ahead at Amazon.

Wera makes stuff like this in Germany.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Wera at Amazon

Michael,

Thanks for posting this. It's always nice to find sources of high-quality tools.

In the Seattle area, Hardwick's Hardware Store carries a modest selection of Wera screwdrivers. I got this set: Amazon.com: Wera Kraftform Plus Lasertip 334/6...Amazon.com: Wera Kraftform Plus Lasertip 334/6... for $24.50. (It's $36.71 on Amazon.) I believe that Hardwicks carries your set too.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks Mike, good tip. I bought a set of Wera screwdrivers with the laser etching a while back. Good stuff!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Hi,

Do they have that rubbery grip surface? I have one screwdriver with that shape handle and it seems pretty good. I don't know if it is made by Wera or another European brand though.

Seth
Old 03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Founding Member

Seth,

Yes, they have the rubber grip handle. Overall, the quality is very good, but the handle was an unexpected, pleasant surprise. When you first look at the handle, it looks strange. I thought it would be uncomfortable. Then when I tried it, I realized that it actually fits your hand much better than standard handles. The bulge in the handle fits the cup in your hand when your fingers are curled. The Wera folks were thinking outside the box when they designed their handles.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:31 PM

The handle shape seems good to me ( I have one) , but I am not a fan of the grippy surface material that seems to be on everything these days. I just don't like the feel of it.

Anyway, that shape seems to be somewhat of a European thing. I have seen it on other brands, 9 Bondhus / Felo for one.

Seth
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 PM

Are those Wera Rapidaptor a match for the Festool Centrotec chucks?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsandwich View Post
Are those Wera Rapidaptor a match for the Festool Centrotec chucks?
Nope. The Rapidaptor's shaft is simply not a match for the Centrotec chuck. Without first filing off the corners of the hex-shaped shaft, the Rapidaptor just won't fit into the Centrotec chuck. And if you were to modify the shaft to fit, you will find that the groove is not in the correct position along the shaft. You might be able to create another groove further up the shaft, but, as is, the Rapidaptor doesn't have enough shaft beyond the groove to engage the hex end of your Festool drill/driver.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 PM

i have that set. i use it on my 18 volt dewalt impact driver. before i was sheering off the bits at a rate of 1-2 a day driving 4inch screws. and the bits were wera ones too.
thats a great adapter. i only broke 2 bits since getting it and one was the wrong size , and the other was worn .

thoughally reconmended. close to 100 from me (only critisiam is that i was using it too close to some sharp metal and cut the outer decorative layer off) no harm done though
Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 AM

Sometimes the best price here. chadstoolbox.com