Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM

Default Lie-Neilson Hand Tool Event in Austin, TX

Is anyone else going to this?

*HAND TOOL EVENTS*

January 8th and 9th, 2010: *Fine Lumber, Austin, TX*
We’re excited about working with Fine Lumber in Austin! They’re located in the northern end of the Austin metro area, and offer a variety of domestic and exotic lumber. A family-owned lumberyard, they’ve been serving the Austin area for over 20 years.

Since I'm currently in Texas, I may try to go.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Lie-Neilson Hand Tool Event in Austin, TX

Wayne, I went to the Boxborough MA show when it came through on 12/5. Very small show, but in a good way. I'd say the conference room was ~30 x 40'. Lots of hands-on of course which was great. Ad-lib demos depending on what questions people had. They had their work benches on display. Not much in the way of "show-deals". If you spend over $300 at the show (which is very easy), you get a free DVD of your choice. Free shipping for the next month on the website. Tom Lie-Nielsen was there mingling about.
It was a great way to kill a few hours. Highly recommend it if you are in the area. Free admission.
Side Note: It ran on Friday-Sat. I went on Sat morning and it was mobbed. Next time I will go on Friday, I heard it had a lot less peeps.

Last edited by JimKirkpatrick; 12-31-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Lie-Neilson Hand Tool Event in Austin, TX

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I can go Saturday with no problem after a 6 hour drive. To go on Friday will take some schedule juggling but it sounds like a better way to go if I can work it out.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...