talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 02:33 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Champion cutting tools Combination Drill and Tap

For a limited time (I think until Nov 24 '09) Amazon has Champion cutting tools on sale. Champion is good quality stuff made in the USA. For example,

This is a combination Drill and Tap in the M8 X 1.25 size.
(the picture on the product page at Amazon is wrong, this is what it looks like)

Check out the Champion product range here and then search Amazon if interested.

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 11-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Thumbs up Re: Champion cutting tools Combination Drill and Tap

If you want great quality hand tools (taps, reamers, dies) you should check out Taylor Tool, www.taylortool.com I always purchase mine there. They have been around since 1918 so you know it is amazing quality, made in Canada
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Champion cutting tools Combination Drill and Tap

Another one-post wonder showing up here? I never would be the first to click on a link suggested by someone named "cookie". Poto-san: why don't you jump on this grenade? I'll get the next one.....
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Interestingly, the link - which should go to Taylor Tool in Canada (which is a real entity - and it's Canadian), has an error, and goes instead to Taylor Tools (note the "s"), which is a flooring company in Denver CO.

Though Taylor Tool is real, I have to wonder about someone who would come on a forum and their first post is advertising for someone. Seems a bit fishy, regardless of the quality of Taylor Tool products.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Seems a bit fishy, regardless of the quality of Taylor Tool products.
Yes it does, considering he revived a post from 2009 and his IP address is in the same little town as Taylor Tool (the real one).

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 AM

As long as you keep writing their company name in your posts, they've achieved what they set out to do.. Cheap advertising.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

As long as you keep writing their company name in your posts, they've achieved what they set out to do.. Cheap advertising.
Okamisan, I don't think that old saying "There's no such thing as bad publicity" necessarily applies to forums. Forums may be public, but most are more like clubhouses where members like to gather and chat. I think recommendations of products or suppliers are generally welcome when they are part of the discussion.

However, when somone blatantly signs up for membership in the "club" for the sole purpose of promoting themselves or their friends, it is likely to be resented by the other members, and do more harm than good.

Speaking for myself only, I will now never buy anything from Taylor Tool.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 AM

Sorry, but I can't resist.

Since you are talking about someone named Taylor and an association with Tools, I have to mention my desire to have Tim the Toolman Taylor as one of the guest speakers at Woodworking in America.

As this is the end of Woodworking Safety week, I will provide this link:

Charles
Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

That was really fun, Charles. Thanks so much for sharing. Funniest part of my day, so far!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Funny stuff, Charles, thanks for posting it.

Tim the Toolman was my idol, in fact I learned almost everything I know from watching him.