talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Default Cute new tools from Lee Valley

Check out this pocket marking gauge and mini shoulder plane. How cute are they?!?

Lee Valley Tools - Currency Selection
Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Cute new tools from Lee Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Check out this pocket marking gauge and mini shoulder plane. How cute are they?!?

and yes, there's a deadline for that price of course,,,,
(taken from email promo)

Miniature Shoulder Plane (Reg. $29.50 US)
and
Pocket Marking Gauge (Reg. $19.50 US)

Only $39 for the pair until November 9, 2009.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 PM

While talking about "small" tools, I wonder what's next in line at Bridge City in the spirit of size of the KM-1,,,, since part of their line up seems to be going miniature.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Roger, how often do you do lap joints and dados in your furniture that are bigger than 2"? Heh.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
Roger, how often do you do lap joints and dados in your furniture that are bigger than 2"? Heh.
Since you bring that up,

I would be going beyond the lap joint to the direction of the MS-96 Precision Measuring Stick. Bridge City Tool Works - MS-96 Precision Measuring Stick - MS-96 Precision Measuring Stick
(sorta like a big brother to the KM-1)

but actually, my "miniature" thoughts were little finger planes in Black Chrooooome.

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 10-29-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

I think that you have found my very first plane for me...
Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Peter, Peter, you need a testosterone fix -- "cute" and tools do not belong in the same sentence!

Cute applies to Gillian (and I'm sure your lovely wife although I'm not certain we've been graced with her picture here) but tools?

I'm sure Fred can come up with some appropriate hyperbole, but elegant, well designed, come quickly to mind.

Let's help Poto out before he backslides completely and starts buying stuff like this

Pink Tools for Women

OK, I'll buy the idea of tools sized for "smaller hands" but let's not call them............... nope, ain't gonna say it

Jay
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 PM

but I forgot to say, thanks for the link, Xmas is coming and those will fit nicely in the stocking --
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

So I clicked on your link, Jay, while Gillian was looking over my shoulder. "Oooooo! So cute!"

Okay - maybe you're right. I'll try to be more manly. There - I'm scratching my belly and burping at the same time. Good?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Excellent point Jay! Poto, PLEASE don't call my first plane "cute" again, Thank You very much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post
Peter, Peter, you need a testosterone fix -- "cute" and tools do not belong in the same sentence!

Cute applies to Gillian (and I'm sure your lovely wife although I'm not certain we've been graced with her picture here) but tools?

I'm sure Fred can come up with some appropriate hyperbole, but elegant, well designed, come quickly to mind.

Let's help Poto out before he backslides completely and starts buying stuff like this

Pink Tools for Women

OK, I'll buy the idea of tools sized for "smaller hands" but let's not call them............... nope, ain't gonna say it

Jay