talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Founding Member

Default Going over to the dark side

Lady and Germs,

I must confess that I have given in and gone to the dark where I am no longer to be trusted as I am the MAN. Okay maybe not quite that dramatic but in the interest of full disclosure I must reveal that in the middle of November I will be representing Philip Marcou at the Nov.13-14 Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event. That is correct, I am going to be riding the rails for the benefit of Philip Marcou. In case you were struggling with this it is for Philip Marcou. If any of you should attend that show I can absolutely guarantee you the ability to pay 125% of current price. This will only be true at the show so I think that the best thing you can do for you I mean me or Philip would be to rush the booth with credit cards drawn and ready to spend. Actually, I don't think Philip takes credit cards but money orders or wires are supremely wonderful.

Okay dokay, all kidding aside I will be down in Frederick, MD representing Philip and I am actually really looking forward to it. At this point, other than LN, I do not know who will be there but my guess is that there will be some really great exhibitors. I hope that anyone near will stop by and see me, one or two of Philip's planes, Lie-Nielsen and whomever else who is there. I know this is no surprise to any of you but my two favorite plane maker's are Lie-Nielsen and Philip. I feel very honored to be there with both of them.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:58 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York
Default Re: Going over to the dark side

I don't know what you mean by "dark side". You're going to to hang out at a tool show representing one of the world's best plane makers. What's the problem

You're just not making sense Fred. Were we that bad an influence?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
I don't know what you mean by "dark side". You're going to to hang out at a tool show representing one of the world's best plane makers. What's the problem

You're just not making sense Fred. Were we that bad an influence?
I think in woodworking terms, "the dark side" is a reference to only using hand tools.

That's great news Fred! I'm sure You will do a fine job of representing Marcou planes. That said the planes speak for themselves
Cheers!
Okami:tigersmile:
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
I think in woodworking terms, "the dark side" is a reference to only using hand tools.

That's great news Fred! I'm sure You will do a fine job of representing Marcou planes. That said the planes speak for themselves
Cheers!
Okami:tigersmile:
Else, perhaps his reference is going from "user" to "seller" status??

With Fred's personality, he could sell me anything & I'd walk away happy.

If it is the "leaving Festools to hand tools" reference that's still OK by me, there is at least one prominent tf member that does well with NO electric in his workshop...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM

I think that the dark side refers to a lack of electric power.

Fred, of course, brings his electric (or is it eclectic) personality with him wherever he goes.

Charles
Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Fred, that's great news - you're going to have a blast and Philip couldn't ask for a better rep!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

November road trip to Maryland? I call shotgun! Bring your cash. All of it.

Those poor suckers woodworkers at the event won't know what hit them. They'll have Marcou tracks all down their foreheads. I hope Philip knows how much work he's in for...
Old 10-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
November road trip to Maryland? I call shotgun! Bring your cash. All of it.

Those poor suckers woodworkers at the event won't know what hit them. They'll have Marcou tracks all down their foreheads. I hope Philip knows how much work he's in for...
Thank you all for such wonderfully kind thoughts. The "dark side" for me has several connotations most of which you touched upon. Yes, to changing my status from buyer to seller, yes to no electricity, yes to just hand tools. However, it is also my own little joke to myself in that with my change in status I have succumbed to the dark side and am now the "Man" as looked upon in the 70's. Someone, no longer to be trusted, or in other words someone who has sold out.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, Fred: you da Man!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Yep, Fred: you da Man!

Maybe, just maybe but I think more that I am the dog. Check out my pups hard at work after several terrible beatings.

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
going-over-dark-side-10_13_09-001.jpg