talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Founding Member

Default Blue Spruce Chisels

I was speaking with Peter today and he mentioned that someone had spoken about the article in Fine Woodworking on the Blue Spruce chisels. I do NOT have the bench chisels that were shown but holy moly they were beautiful. Oh, but John, I do have the Blue Spruce paring chisels, two of his marking knives and two of his mallets. Dave makes absolutely incredible tools and he will be out her in October for the Hand Tool Event. He is staying with a friend in Malvern but if that falls through he will be staying with all of us at my house. I also have two of his t-shirts. He could not be a nicer person and I would love to see his shop which is apparently his garage with half of it being metal working and the other half woodworking. Amazing man and I am really looking forward to meeting him.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Blue Spruce Chisels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post

I was speaking with Peter today and he mentioned that someone had spoken about the article in Fine Woodworking on the Blue Spruce chisels. I do NOT have the bench chisels that were shown but holy moly they were beautiful. Oh, but John, I do have the Blue Spruce paring chisels, two of his marking knives and two of his mallets.
The bench chisels just went on my shopping list.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 AM

What those old things I've got a few sets of those around the place...and a set of Tasai's I use for opening paint cans
I keep my old Marples chisels for the fine work
Cheers!
Okami
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
What those old things I've got a few sets of those around the place...and a set of Tasai's I use for opening paint cans
I keep my old Marples chisels for the fine work
Cheers!
Okami
Okami,

Wow, you are a wimp. I use my Tasai to clean up my concrete blocks when I have too much hardened cement and then also to crack the rocks for my rock wall. My Blue Spruce are the paint can openers. Stick with me fella and I will show ya around the chisel and plane woild.

Fred

PS Isn't nice to have John putting the Blue Spruce on his wait list? Of course a real man would have bought them but........
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31