talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default New Work Horse bench

Check out this cool work bench at Timmy C's: Festool Junkie Blog Blog Archive A Very Cool Saw Horse….the Work Horse at Festool Junkie. The Perfect Bench For Siding and Gutter Guys!

It looks really practical, sturdy, and I love the simple design. Very clever solution.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:06 PM

Default Re: New Work Horse bench

I got to see it when I was there and will admit, as the eternal cynic, I shrugged at first.
In reality though, it is a pretty slick solution. I like that its light, uber compact, and uses materials that are cheap and probably laying around most jobsites. I wondered about the strength but I can jump up and down on them. Not too bad.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

I gather Fred's already ordered a few. He's planning on joining them together to make a table or something...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:00 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I gather Fred's already ordered a few. He's planning on joining them together to make a table or something...
A double-wide fence?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 AM

I love my Walko 3, picked up back in March. Initially had a problem with the lamination on the plywood tables, but Timmy C stood behind the product and replaced them. Excellent product. If I only had more time, I had wanted to take some pictures and write about the versatility. Much more than my MFT3, which is great for cutting down panels, but the Walko is much more portable because the tops are removable. I can easily carry it up stairs, and all over. The MFT3 is advertised as portable, but it's not that easy to carry around, even after removing the hardware.

I like the Walko 3 because the height lined up close to my MFT3, and I've replaced my router cabinet, and simply clamp the table on top of the Walko, and drop the router and lift between the two tables. It's also great for the Festool parallel guides, because the gap is right in the middle between the tables so it's very easy to run the TS55 saw across. I know that it's expensive, but I see on his site that smaller one which I have is on sale. I also found it perfect for hold my little woodturning lathe. All I can say is it was a great investment that I intend to use for the rest of my woodworking days.

If I ever get some time, I'll take some pictures and post them. But unfortunately I'm not retired like some of you guys. Just spent all weekend cleaning up a big cherry tree that snapped about 16 feet up last Friday in the bad storms that we've been having. I've been here for 22 years, and that tree was here before I move in. Trunk is over 13" diameter, which isn't huge, but still a mess to take down and clean up, because it fell along my fence. I had a chain saw and peavy from past jobs over the years, so my neighbor is taking most of it for firewood, not worth saving. But I kept a half dozen trunk sections for future wood turning projects, and earlier tonight I was coating the ends with melted wax to hopefully limit any checking. I can already see using the Walko 3 to help hold the sections while I square them up a bit. I haven't seen anything like it, including my 20 plus year old B&D workmate.