talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Woodworking Machinery and Tools > Hand Tools

Hand Tools Hand tools, clamps, measuring, and all that other stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 PM

Default Kreg Beaded Face Frame System

I just watched this video Precision Beaded Face-Frame System about Kreg's new beaded face frame system. It's pretty slick but so is the price. At the conclusion of the video I was thinking maybe $200...fat chance. They have it listed at $499!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Kreg Beaded Face Frame System

It does make a nice looking face frame.

I'm looking to get one of these when available, it should be nice for thin stock. They are behind schedule & figure it should be available toward the end of this month.

Micro Pocket™ Drill Guide - KJMICRODGB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:42 PM

One of our members Brice Burrell has a great how to on making Jack Miters on his website, Check it out
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
It does make a nice looking face frame.

I'm looking to get one of these when available, it should be nice for thin stock. They are behind schedule & figure it should be available toward the end of this month.

Micro Pocket™ Drill Guide - KJMICRODGB
This must use smaller screws. What size?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 AM

That Kregg system looks like the ticket! If I was a cabinet maker I would be all over it. Heck you could do away with cope cuts on you doors too and just use a domino mortise instead. I like beaded doors so I may just have to get one someday.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:03 AM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
This must use smaller screws. What size?
I forgot to ask that question until after I hung up the phone but I would say based on the new drill being 19/64" instead of 3/8" they are probably using the #6 pan head screws instead of #7 & #8 washer head screws.

It should be handy.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EijiFuller View Post
That Kregg system looks like the ticket! If I was a cabinet maker I would be all over it. Heck you could do away with cope cuts on you doors too and just use a domino mortise instead. I like beaded doors so I may just have to get one someday.
The beaded face frame sure does dress up the looks of the cabinet. I have a Kreg router table with a Woodpecker V2 lift but I'm sure the $500. doesn't include any of the table parts -- probably just the Incra style "push" fence, stops & cutters.
Kreg doesn't tend to have very deep specials, usually something like $25. off...
Old 07-18-2009, 05:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to charimon

If you have an Incra you could just buy the bits.

Craig
Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 AM

Or maybe with a sacrificial fence on a miter gauge and the bits.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Hi Guys finally decided to put up my first reply woo hoo! I started working for as a cabinet maker 9 years ago and from the start we have done this kind of joining using just the table saw.........i reckon its alot faster then setting up this kreg unit and im sure a saw blade will stay sharper for longer then what that router bit would.

Last edited by waynelang2001; 07-19-2009 at 05:34 PM.